- Airborne Warning and Control System
- The Boeing E-3 Sentry, commonly known as AWACS, is an airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft developed by Boeing as the prime contractor. Derived from the Boeing 707, it provides all-weather surveillance, command, control and communications, and is used by the United States Air Force (USAF), NATO, Royal Air Force (RAF), French Air Force and Royal Saudi Air Force. The E-3 is distinguished by the distinctive rotating radar dome above the fuselage. Production ended in 1992 after 68 aircraft had been built.
- See Also
- Tinker Air Force Base Oklahoma County (OK)
- North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD)
- Boeing E-3 Sentry at Wikipedia.org
Return to Wiki page: Michigan MilAir Reference
(No matching DB page)