Monroe County (IL)
Suburban Journals Wed, 29 Sep 2010 02:02 AM PDT
At the Monroe County Board of Commissioners meeting on Monday, Sept. 20, funding options were addressed for the Starcom 21 interoperable communications system that will be used by emergency-related responders throughout Monroe County.
Monroe County Government
Monroe County Animal Control
Serves: Waterloo (whole county?)
Monroe-Randolph Bi-County Health Department
Monroe County Nursing Home - Oak Hill
EMS Agencies and Hospitals
Monroe County Ambulance Service
Dispatched by Monroe County Sheriff's Dispatch (paged on alpha-numeric pagers)
901 Illinois Avenue, Ste C, Waterloo, IL 62298-1518, (618) 939-6175
MedStar Ambulance (of Sparta)
Provides secondary Ambulance Service to Monroe County All information has been moved to EMS Agencies (Area Wide)
Municipalities and Districts
Maintains its own 911 center, which operates in conjunction with the Monroe County 911 service and serves as a backup for the county's 911 center.
A division of CPD. 3 ambulances in service manned by 3 person crew (at least 1 paramedic) Paged on 155.820 (Public Works), all other operations are on Police 159.210. There is discussion about getting off the repeated police channel and using public works. May go to 800mhz TRS in near future.
Columbia Volunteer Fire Company
Serves: Northern Monroe County and Southern St. Clair County. Has nine pieces of modern fire fighting equipment, including a ladder truck and tank truck.
Hecker Volunteer Fire District
- Serves parts of Monroe & St. Clair Counties.
Maeystown Fire Protection District
- Serves Maeystown and the surrounding area.
Prairie Du Rocher
Prairie Du Rocher Fire Department
- Serves Southern Monroe County including Renault and surrounding area; and parts of Randolph County.
Red Bud (Village)
Red Bed Fire Department
- Serves: Southern and eastern parts of Monroe County; Northern and western parts of Randolph County. See Randolph County
- Fire provided by Prairie Du Rocher (Randolph County)
Valmeyer Fire Protection District
The city provides it's own water, sewer, and gas services. We also have the capability of providing our own electricity. Waterloo has contracted with Reliable Sanitation to provide curbside trash pickup
Waterloo Fire Department serves Central Monroe County and part of St. Clair County.
Codes and Unit Lists
Durham School Services
- WQGQ609 - 461.4375 Repeater; 463.2875, 463.4875 Mobile (11K at Waterloo)
Gibault Catholic High School (Waterloo)
SS Peter and Paul Grade School
Monroe County Public Safety Unit Numbers
Monroe County Sheriffs Department
- Waterloo Police - Unit 235 (heard on 155.055 12/06)
- Waterloo Police - unit 26 (TG7993 8/12)
- Dispatch was using 155.055 for backup to 155.19 then said "Waterloo, County Cars, 4E19, switch back to county repeater"
- 7 - unit on TG7993 RID 795034
- 17 - unit on TG7993
- 235 - unit on TG7993 RID 795510, 795523 (8/12)
- 237 - unit on TG7993 RID 795524 (8/12) heard on 155.19
- 343 - rural unit, dispatcher said "meet them at your PD" (155.19)
- 417 - unit on TG7993 RID 795092
- Units on 154.19 167.9 PL:
- Columbia 1902, 1912, 1914 (with dispatch)
- 6001 M 139 539 Columbia EMS (Tactical Response Unit?) white full size newer suburban (seen at Long Lake Fire in Pontoon Beach 7/08)
- 4E16 EMS
- 4E17 EMS
- 4E18 EMS
- 4E19 EMS
| Columbia Fire
|| 1092.4 / 288.5
| Waterloo Fire
|| 2361.0 / 1180.0
| unknown EMS
|| long 1180.0 ?
Monroe County Electric Cooperative
- WPVL540 928.64375, 952.64375 - Multiple Address System (at Waterloo)
Related Wiki Pages
- [ Link Back to County Database Page]