Somerset County (PA) Police ID's
- 1 Somerset County Sheriff's Department (Cars 1 through 9)
- 10 Berlin Borough PD (Cars 10 and 11)
- 25 Boswell Borough PD (Car 26)
- 35 Confluence Borough PD (Car 35)
- 40 Garrett Borough PD (Car 40)
- 45 Hooversville Borough PD (Car 45)
- 50 Meyersdale Borough PD (Cars 50 and 51)
- 54-2 Dog Law Officer (Unit 54-2) NOTE 1
- 55 Rockwood Borough PD (Car 56)
- 70 Shade Township PD (Cars 70 and 72) NOTE 2
- 80 Somerset Borough PD (Cars 81 thru 92) [Full-time department] NOTE 3
- 100 Jennerstown Borough PD (Car 104)
- 105 Somerset County DA's Office (105 through 107) NOTE 4
- 110 Somerset County Coroner (Unit 110)
- 115 Indian Lake Borough PD (Cars 115 thru 117)
- 120 Elk Lick Township PD (Car 120)
- 130 Summit Township PD (Car 130 and 131)
- 228 Pennsylvania Game Commission (Units 228 through 230) NOTE 5
- 820 Conemaugh Township PD (Cars 820 thru 829) [Full-time department] NOTE 6
- 400 Somerset Count Probation; CYS (Units 401 through 495) NOTE 7
- 500 Paint Township PD [Full-time department] NOTE 8
- D## Somerset County Drug Task Force (Units D1 through D22) NOTE 9
- Delta-## DCNR State Forest Rangers (Units Delta-51 through Delta-54) NOTE 10
- F-## Pennsylvania Fish Commission (Units F-30 and F-41) NOTE 11
- LH-## Laurel Hill State Park Rangers (Units LH-1 through LH-20) NOTE 12
- Also, there are two PSP (Pennsylvania State Police) barracks in Somerset County; one for county detail and one serving the PA Turnpike. Both agencies' cars can communicate with Somerset 911, but they are independent state law enforcement officers.
- 1 Addison Township PD (Now covered by PSP)
- 5 Benson Borough PD (Now covered by Paint Township PD)
- 15 Callimont Borough PD (Now covered by PSP)
- 30 Central City Borough PD (Now covered by Paint Township PD)
- 60 Salisbury Borough PD (Now covered by Elk Lick Township PD)
- 65 Seven Springs Borough PD (Now covered by PSP/private security)
- 75 Stoystown Borough PD (Now covered by PSP)
- 105 Jenner Township PD (Now covered by PSP)
- 125 Quemahoning Township PD (Now covered by PSP)
- 895 Windber Borough PD (Now covered by Paint Township PD)
- 899 Paint Borough PD (Now covered by Paint Township PD)
- 54-2 is an officer of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, operating in Somerset County out of the Altoona Regional office. He is able to contact Somerset 911 via radio, but is an independent state law enforcement officer.
- Car 72 is Chief of Police.
- Car 86 is Chief of Police.
- 105, 106 and 107 are designations for Somerset County detectives. The DA's office also administers the Somerset County SERT (Special Emergency Response Team) and the Drug Task Force (see note 9, also).
- The PGC operates in three zones in Somerset County; North is 228_, Central is 229_ and South is 230_. Each Warden/WCO has a radio identifier that begins with one of those three number sequences, and may have a suffixed letter or not (e.g. 228, 228A, 230F, etc). They are independent state law enforcement officers, but can contact Somerset 911 via radio when necessary. The 911 center has the authority to access criminal justice information on their behalf through CLEAN/JNET/NCIC.
- Car 828 is Conemaugh Township PD's detective, 829 is Chief of Police.
- 401 through 420 are adult probation and supervisory staff, 421 through 450 are juvenile probation, 451 through 473 are CYS (Children and Youth Services) caseworkers and 474 through 495 are CYS supervisory staff. Many of these personnel are assigned radios to contact the 911 center, but most communications are through telephone.
- Paint Township PD is effectively a regional police department, though not yet officially designated as one (currently operating contractually in adjacent municipalities). 501 is Chief of Police. 502 through 510 are ranking officers and watch commanders. 511 through 520 are zone 1 patrol cars (Zone 1 encompasses Paint Township, Paint Borough, Central City Borough and Benson Borough). 521 through 530 are zone 2 patrol cars (Zone 2 encompasses Windber Borough in Somerset County and Scalp Level Borough in Cambria County).
- The Drug Task Force is composed of officers from every county municipal police department. When operating as part of the Task Force, personnel utilize "D##" numbers on the radio (e.g. D1, D3, D15) when they need to contact Somerset 911.
- DCNR rangers patrol the state forests in Somerset County, and are independent state law enforcement officers, but can contact Somerset 911 via radio. The 911 center also has authority to access criminal justice information on their behalf through CLEAN/JNET/NCIC.
- The PFC operates out of the regional Fish Commission office in Somerset County. The WCOs are assigned radio identifiers that begin with the sequences F30 or F41, with either one or no letter suffixed (e.g. F30, F30A, F41H). They are independent state law enforcement officers, but can contact Somerset 911 via radio. The 911 center also has the authority to access criminal justice information on their behalf through CLEAN/JNET/NCIC.
- Laurel Hill State Park Rangers are law enforcement officers within DCNR, charged with patrolling the state parks in Somerset County (Laurel Hill, Kooser and Laurel Ridge) and Linn Run State Park in Westmoreland County. They are independent state law enforcement personnel who are able to contact Somerset 911 via radio when necessary. The 911 center also has the authority to access criminal justice information on their behalf through CLEAN/JNET/NCIC. Not every number is currently assigned.
Return to Somerset County (PA)