Revision as of 11:05, 15 April 2018
What is dsdtune
- dsdtune tries to give you the best fine tuning options for your setup.
- dsdplus has a few fine tuning decode options that you can see in its help screen
Advanced decoder options
-dr<num> Rolloff filter (1-11; 0=auto) [-dr0]
-dh<num> Hotspot size (1-8; 0=auto) [-dh0]
-ds<num> Scaling factor (55-75; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-ds64]
-dd<num> Damping level (1-100; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-dd10]
-dv<num> Viewport size (1-30; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-dv20]
- Using a raw recording (which you can get while running dsdplus) you can re run that same audio though dsdplus and get a decode score (Larger number is a better decode). dsdtune will run dsdplus for you, by iterating over each option, recording the decode rates and then tell you which flags gave it the best decode.
- You can then create a batch file (dsdtune can also create one for you) with those flags to run dsdplus with each time.
Instructions for running dsdtune
- First you will need to capture some raw input to be used as your sample. Start dsdplus use the "R" key to start recording raw input and then R when completed. You want to try and capture 15 to 30 seconds of active transmission in your recording. DSDPlus will display the file name of this new wav file.
- Next you will run dsdtune (have dsdplus.exe, dsdtune.exe and your wav file in the same directory).
- From a dos prompt in the directory you have your files run
dsdtune <options> -i <input wav>
Options for dsdtune
dsdtune version 0.1.1 is for DSDPlus public version 1.101
dsdtune version 0.1.2 is for DSDPlus Faslane versions
dsdtune -i <in_file> Use default dsd decode
-f<x> dsd decode option
-fa Auto-detect frame type (default)
-f1 Decode only P25 Phase 1
-fd Decode only D-STAR
-fn Decode only NXDN48* (6.25 kHz) / IDAS*
-fN Decode only NXDN96 (12.5 kHz)
-fp Decode only ProVoice*
-fr Decode only DMR/MOTOTRBO
-fx Decode only X2-TDMA
-xx Expect inverted X2-TDMA signal
-x Name of dsd executable. (dsdplus.exe default)
If dsdplus.exe is not found dsd.exe will be tried
-b <file> Create batch file with results
-o "<dsd options>" Options to pass to dsd from
the batch file. The double quotes are required
-l <file> Log file name (dsdtune.log default)
- When decoding P25 voice I would run
dsdtune -f1 -i DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2014email@example.com -b p25_run.bat
- This will run through and try the decode options. And with the -b option will create a batch file you can then use to run dsdplus with the options it found had the best decode rate.
- Depending of the speed of your machine and length of your raw recording it will take 5 to 10 minutes to run all the options, you will see dsdplus open up many times
- The output will show the best settings it found
+------ RESULTS -----+
Switches you want to use :
-dr2 -dh8 -ds53 -dd6 -dv20
- Created batch file p25_run.bat to run dsd
- Also with the -b you will have a batch file with those settings.
- For the batch file creating you can edit it to add your input and output device settings, or you can use the -o option. The -o option is not used in the test, but anything passed to -o will be in the batch file if you use the -b <file> option.
- A log file dsdtune.log will also be appended to with each run results
Where to get dsdtune
Where to report bugs/or requests
Is dsdtune part of dsdplus
- No. dsdtune was just created after I started using dsdplus and wanted to see if the fine tuning options helped my setup, and it did so I released it to the world.
Plans for dsdtune
- None, I have a few open bugs / enhancements I need to work on. But nothing big planned.
Return to Wiki page: DSDPlus
(No matching DB page)