Template:Infobox TRS MN/doc
Documentation Sub-page for Template:Infobox TRS MN
Scope of Use
- This template presents a standardized index with information describing Trunked Radio Systems (TRS) in Minnesota only
- This template should NOT be used for describing Military or Federal TRSs. There are other templates defined for this purpose. See the Templates-List: General Use Only page
Directly Invoked By
- TRSs in Minnesota that are not Federal or Military
- Many of these parameters may be filled in with data from the database or other wiki pages, as shown.
- SysName - The name of the TRS being documented
- Flavor - The type of the TRS being documented. Use the terminology found in the Glossary whenever possible. See the notes below
- Band - Generic description of the band this TRS uses; examples like 'VHF', 'UHF', '700 Mhz' are fine. If there is more than one band, seperate them with a '/'
- FCCLic - The FCC license of this TRS. This can be found using the FCC Callsigns link that can be found in the database immediately above the frequencies grid. See the notes below
- City - The name of the city from the RRDB where the TRS is based
- County - The county where the TRS is based (from the RRDB)
- NAC - If this is a Project 25 system, the Network Access Code (NAC) for an actual user to access this system. It's not needed for scanners. Blanks are acceptable if not known
- Ccode - If this TRS is a MOTOTRBO type, and the DMR color code is known, place it here. See the notes below for further information. Blanks are acceptable if not known
- RAN - If this TRS is a NXDN type, and the RAN is known, place it here. Blanks are acceptable if not known
- OwnerTy - Who owns this TRS? If not known, it can be left blank. You can also use Public or Private to describe its ownership type
- sid - The SID can be found as a token in the last part of the URL for this TRS in the database.
- Not all of these tokens are required, but every effort should be made to fill them in. Many can be left blank, and it will not cause the template to fail
- These items should be installed, when needed, in a new section to be called 'Related Links' or 'Related Pages'. Templates mentioned here can all be found on the Templates-List: General Use Only page
- If the TRS is of a type that can't be trunked or scanned, a warning to that effect is required. Use the Tracker-Related templates
- If the TRS is a MOTOTRBO type, and uses multiple color codes, put See DMR Bandplan in the DMR Color Code field. You must then supply a link to an article with the corrected bandplan that shows each color code by frequency (when known). The Table Trbosys template is designed for this purpose.
- Some TRS have multiple callsigns, one for each site. You can use the Callsign template to document them, or better, use the DBsitemap FCC template to use the FCC driven map function to graphically display each site on a map
- The horizontal lines below separate examples for clarity and do not appear when template is invoked.
How to invoke this template
The lines below (between the pre tags) can be used as a model.
|SysName = Granite Electronics - Avon
|Flavor = [[LTR Standard]]
|Band = UHF
|FCCLic = WPNT360
|City = Avon
|County = [[Stearns County (MN)|Stearns]]
|OwnerTy = Private
|sid = 3917
See the Granite Electronics - Avon article for an example
Return to: Template:Infobox TRS MN