Uniden DMA FAQ
Welcome to the Uniden DMA FAQ; here we'll start from scratch, and take you through some of the most basic of questions, and (in many cases) what things mean and how to find information. A word of explanation; if a word or phrase appears in blue and/or underlined, then it's a link; clicking it should take you to another article in our wiki, another part of our website or perhaps a different website.
What Models Does This FAQ Cover?
This FAQ covers the Uniden models that utilize 2 tier DMA memory architecture, specifically these show in the table below, We have additional, separate FAQs for the DMA 3 tier Uniden products, though many things listed below, are directly applicable;
DMA Scanner Topics and Terms
- How does Trunking work with these scanners?
- For the following issues, please see our DMA Scanners and Software article
- Connecting the scanner to the PC
- Programming questions
- Software packages
- For basic test modes typically technicians use to access hidden features, any user could try and see what might work, please see our Uniden scanner test modes article.
- I see the Nothing to Scan error message or
- I turned off all my Favorites, Systems, or Groups off. What Should I do to re-enable Quick Keys?
- I press the power button, but my Handheld i.e. (BCD396t BCD436HP) won't turn On, What gives?
- You must press and HOLD the Power Button for a full two seconds to turn the radio On (or Off). This is a safeguard, to prevent turning the scanner On or Off accidentally, such as: when you're carrying it in your pocket or on a belt.
Where can I get more information on the XT series of scanners?
The Manuals Are Too Confusing. Anyone have anything that's easier to read?
- Uniden did a fine job designing these radios. Too bad one cannot say the same about their manuals. Fortunately, there is another resource - loosely referred to as the 'Easier to Read' series, they have been generally lauded as being much more readable and understandable. As of this writing, the following members are available;
- Non-XT Scanners
- XT / P2 scanners
- Printed manuals for sale via Scanner Master