From The RadioReference Wiki
ARC PATROL software series for Uniden Home_Patrol
Using ARC-PATROL to add new favorite lists to your scanner
- Start the software and then select File _ Add _ New Conv. System.
- Now in the browser 'expand' the 'New System' and click on New Department.
- Now in the right pane you can enter your frequencies in the Frequency column.
- Next press the 'Save' button in the toolbar and store a copy.
- Now connect the HP1 to your PC using the USB cable. Press the 'SEND HP-1' button in the toolbar. The software will now detect your receiver.
- Make sure 'Add New Favorites List' is selected and enter a name for the new fav.list. Press the blue Save button and then the file is stored and ready for scanning.
Scanning the new favorite list
- disconnect the scanner from the PC
- the scanner will now restart
- using the touchscreen select:
- MANAGE FAVORITE LISTS
- Select the FAVORITE LIST that you just uploaded
- Press 'Use this List'
- Confirm the message by pressing YES
- The scanner will now prepare for scanning the file.
- If the HP1 displays a warning that no channels are matching you must select the service type.
- Press 'SERVICE' and select at least one Service type. Available service types are shown in white text. Press ACCEPT. The scanner will now prepare for scanning the file and after a few seconds start scanning the new file.
NOTE: Importing from the Radio Reference Database only works if you are a Premium Subscriber to the Radio Reference Web site. The key to unlock the utility for importing systems, Talkgroups, and/or conventional frequencies from the Database is the Premium Subscription.