From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 15:16, 22 March 2010 by Blantonl (New page: == Help Logging In == Every once in a while, a user might have a problem logging into the RadioReference.com Web site for one reason or another. Please check and try the following sugges...)
Help Logging In
Every once in a while, a user might have a problem logging into the RadioReference.com Web site for one reason or another.
Please check and try the following suggestions to assist you when having problems logging in:
- Do a password reset for your account. The password reset page can be found here
- Make sure the date and time on your computer is correct. If the date and time is off, it can cause cookie problems which can prevent login from occurring.
- If you are running Norton Internet, MacAfee, and especially CA's Firewall, please make sure they are configured to allow cookies from RadioReference.com. CA's Internet Suite is notorious for blocking cookies and causing logon problems for RadioReference.com Members.
- Make sure your browser is allowing cookies from RadioReference.com. Most browsers are configured by default to allow cookies, however if you have gotten over-zealous on your security settings and changed the defaults you'll want to review your settings to make sure you are not blocking cookies from RadioReference.com.
- If you have checked all this - and you still are having a problem, you can contact support at email@example.com.
Changing Your Username
A members username can only be changed by the administration staff, and only under the following special circumstances:
- Amateur radio callsign change
- To protect a user's privacy
To request a username change, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current username and what you want your new username to be.
Deleting your Username
To have your account inactviated on our platform, please send an email to email@example.com with your current username requesting that we disable your account.
Please note that accounts that have posts in the RadioReference.com user forums will not be deleted, they will be set to inactive status so that existing forums posts are not deleted.