From The RadioReference Wiki
APCO 25 Capable Handheld Scanner
- Rebanding supported? YES
- Band Coverage:
- 25-512 (continuous)
- 794-956 (excluding cellular)
- Supported step sizes: 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5,15, 20, 25, 50 or 100 kHz
- TrunkTracker IV - EDACS®, Motorola®, LTR, APCO P25
- CTCSS/DCS decode/search/lockout
- I Call (Motorola/Edacs)
I-calls are direct unit-to-unit transmissions that are not heard by other system users. The BCD396T can receive I-call transmissions.
- Uses 3 AA cells, NiMH or Alkaline
- Uniden Close Call™ Feature
- Fire Tone Out Feature - decode up to 10 different two-tone selective call pairs.
- APCO 25-capable, including 9600-baud control channels, C4FM and CQPSK modulation.
- Audio AGC and automatic P25 audio decode level adjustment
- Scan and (selected) Service Search simultaneously
- Control and programming via RS-232 serial port
- Dynamically Allocated Channel Memory - no banks, no empty channels, up to 6000 channels possible.
- Alpha-tags do not effect the size of dynamic memory.
- Twelve Service Searches: Public Safety, News, HAM Radio, Marine, Railroad, Air, CB Radio, FRS/GMRS, Racing, TV Broadcast, FM Broadcast, Special
- SAME-capable weather alerts
- Alpha tags can be added to systems, channel groups, channels, and search ranges
- Backlit display and keypad
- A DC power plug can be found here
- Use Adaptaplug B for the radio connection
Forums and Mailing Lists
- Strong Signals
- Yahoo! Groups
- Monitoring Times
- Scanning Arkansas Website
- Easier to Read BD396T Manual (under construction)
- "The Mighty Uniden BCD396T Scanner"
- Programming an UHF system requires at least 1 base frequency and offset. An example is shown here This screen is from the ARC396 software, and shows how to correctly program the Washington DC Police system, which requires 2 base frequencies and offsets
- UASD Software and Firmware Updates
- Owner's manual
- Unofficial BC396T Fire Tone Out Tutorial
- Scanner Programming: Man-Machine Interface
- 'Getting the Most from the new Uniden Scanners' by Paul Opitz
- Discriminator Tap directions
- NOTE: You must be a member of the BCD396T Yahoo Group to view this message
- Image of circuit board for discriminator tap
- Linux Software
- Windows Software
- ARC396 and Clone396 from Butel Software
- ARC-EasyStream Butel Software
- A review of an older version of this software can be found here
- Scancat Lite Plus
- Scannerbase Advanced Virtual Control 396
- Scan Control
- The Yahoo support group for Scan Control can be found here
- Trunkstar Pro NOTE: Future Support
- Trunkstar XLT NOTE: Future Support
- UASD Software and Firmware Updates from Uniden.