From The RadioReference Wiki
The BCD436HP is the first scanner to incorporate the HomePatrol-1's ease of use in a traditional handheld scanner. Simply enter your zip code, and the BCD436HP will quickly select and scan channels in your local area. Here is a quick rundown of the BCD436HP's major features. Available January 2014.
- 4 Gigabyte microSD card holds the entire USA and Canada database of radio systems, plus leaves room for hundreds of hours of audio recording.
- Programmable Alert LED lets you set a specific color to alert you when a channel becomes active
- TrunkTracker V with support for APCO Project 25 Phase I and Phase II, X2-TDMA, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunked Radio Systems
- Quick Key access to 100 Favorites Lists, 100 Systems per Favorites List, and 100 Departments per System.
- Discovery Modes help you find new channels on trunked systems and frequency ranges.
- Analysis Modes include Band Scope, RF Power Plot, Trunked System Analysis, and EDACS/LTR LCN Finder.
- Flexible Easy Channel Selection using Zip Code or GPS and Service Types — just pick the kinds of channels you want to hear and tell the BCD436HP where you are and let it do the rest.
- Easy Scan Control using the dedicated System, Department and Channel Hold buttons.
- Complete Front-Panel Programmability — create custom Favorites Lists either using systems from the main database as a starting point or program your systems from scratch.
- Temporary Avoid lets you quickly silence unwanted systems, departments, or channels while allowing you to restore them by cycling power.
- Backlight-on-Squelch option allows the backlight to remain on during an entire transmission.
- Date/Time indication on display with time stamping for recordings.
- Trunked and Conventional Channel Priority with Priority Do-Not-Disturb
- Close Call® RF Capture with Do-Not-Disturb automatically tunes the scanner to nearby transmissions without interrupting reception in progress.
- NOAA Weather Alert with SAME
- Two-Tone Paging with up to 32 tone slots
- Flexible Scanning — scan from any combination of the main database and Favorites Lists
- Included Sentinel Software makes database and firmware updates simple. Also allows you to create, edit, and manage your Favorites Lists.
- USB PC Connectivity - Serial GPS input for location-based scanning using the Uniden GC-GPSK or other compatible GPS receiver.
- 3 AA Battery Operation provides up to 8 hours of operation.
- SMA-type antenna.
- 192 x 160-Pixel Dot-Matrix Display
- Select/Volume/Squelch multi-control
- Side-actuated Function and Menu controls
- Backlit Display and Keypad
- Rotating Belt Clip
- Rugged construction with Rubber Side and Bottom Impact areas to improve impact resistance.
- Printed manual in the box with online updates.
RR System Compatibility
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- Motorola Type II VOC
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- EDACS ESK (not ProVoice)
- LTR Standard
- Project 25 Phase I
- Project 25 X2-TDMA
- Project 25 Phase II
- System Voices:
- Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
- APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
- BCDx36HP Sentinel Program Available as a zip file from the Uniden BCD436HP TWIKI
- Butel ARC536 Software
- tylerwatt12's BCDx36 QuickKey report generator
- First Power On
- Phase I Simulcast Test
- Edit of Intro Video showing only the radios
- LSM and Phase 2 TDMA in action
- When will the radio be available for purchase? 1st week of February 2014
- I have more questions. Where else can I look for answers?
- If I am having headphones-issues, what can I do?
Return to Uniden Scanners