From The RadioReference Wiki
The BCD536HP is Uniden's new flagship mobile scanner which incorporates two firsts. Like the BCD436HP, it is the first standard mobile scanner to include the ease of use of the HomePatrol-style database; simply enter your zip code and away you go. But, the BCD536HP adds to that with WiFi connectivity, allowing you to listen to and control your scanner using your smartphone or tablet from anywhere in your home, vehicle, or around the world. Available January 2014
- 4 Gigabyte microSD card holds the entire USA and Canada database of radio systems, plus leaves room for hundreds of hours of audio recording.
- Programmable Alert LED lets you set a specific color to alert you when a channel becomes active.
- TrunkTracker V with support for APCO Project 25 Phase I and Phase II, X2-TDMA, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunked Radio Systems
- Quick Key access to 100 Favorites Lists, 100 Systems per Favorites List, and 100 Departments per System.
- Discovery Modes help you find new channels on trunked systems and frequency ranges.
- Analysis Modes include Band Scope, RF Power Plot, Trunked System Analysis, and EDACS/LTR LCN Finder.
- Flexible Easy Channel Selection using Zip Code or GPS and Service Types — just pick the kinds of channels you want to hear and tell the BCD536HP where you are and let it do the rest.
- Easy Scan Control using the dedicated System, Department and Channel Hold buttons.
- Complete Front-Panel Programmability — create custom Favorites Lists either using systems from the main database as a starting point or program your systems from scratch.
- Temporary Avoid lets you quickly silence unwanted systems, departments, or channels while allowing you to restore them by cycling power.
- Backlight-on-Squelch option allows the backlight to remain on during an entire transmission.
- Date/Time indication on display with time stamping for recordings.
- Trunked and Conventional Channel Priority with Priority Do-Not-Disturb
- Close Call® RF Capture with Do-Not-Disturb automatically tunes the scanner to nearby transmissions without interrupting reception in progress.
- NOAA Weather Alert with SAME
- Two-Tone Paging with up to 32 tone slots
- Flexible Scanning — scan from any combination of the main database and Favorites Lists
- Included Sentinel Software makes database and firmware updates simple. Also allows you to create, edit, and manage your Favorites Lists.
- USB PC Connectivity
- Serial GPS input for location-based scanning using the Uniden GC-GPSK or other compatible GPS receiver.
- 64 x 288-Pixel Dot-Matrix Display
- Backlit Display and Keypad
- Printed manual in the box with online updates.
RR System Compatibility
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- Motorola Type II VOC
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- EDACS ESK (not ProVoice)
- LTR Standard
- Project 25 Phase I
- Project 25 X2-TDMA
- Project 25 Phase II
- System Voices:
- Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
- APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
FCC Application Documents
- Office of Engineering and Technology
- BCDx36HP Sentinel Program Available as a zip file from the Uniden  Page. Go to the bottom.
- Uniden's Siren app for wi-fi connectivity Not yet released
- Butel ARC536 Software
- tylerwatt12's BCDx36 QuickKey report generator
- First Power On
- Alert Color LED Ring in action
- Faceplate comparison between different models
- Edit of Intro Video showing only the radios
- City of Houston Phase 2 Simulcast - Part 1
- City of Houston Phase 2 Simulcast - Part 2
- MPSCS Simulcast Performance
- Newark NJ Fire Department - NJICS Simulcast Performance
- Sentinel Quick Keys
- K4DPS BCD536 Videos
- All of UPMan's videos
- When will the radio be available for purchase?
- They started shipping in mid January 2014.
- Can the power cord from BCD996XT be used with this scanner?
- From where can I download "Wi-Fi-Updater.zip"?
- During installation, how do I get beyond this error message? "Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."
- Before you do the final step, do this:
- Right-Click on the firmware updater program
- Click Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Check the box to enable "Run in compatibility mode"
- Check the box to enable "Run as Administrator"
- Click "Apply"
- Then do last step.
- Link to Discussion Forum
- Before you do the final step, do this:
- Where do I go to register my new scanner(s)?
- I have more questions. Where else can I look for answers?
- Can I access the discriminator?
- If I am having headphones-issues, what can I do?
Return to Uniden Scanners