Difference between revisions of "BCD996T"
From The RadioReference Wiki
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
'''Six-Level Backlighting -'''
'''Six-Level Backlighting -'''
Lets you set the display/keypad backlight to any of three brightness levels (or off) and two colors. Also lets you connect to your vehicle’s dimmer circuit to dim the scanner’s display with the vehicle’s dimmer control.
Lets you set the display/keypad backlight to any of three brightness levels (or off) and two colors . Also lets you connect to your vehicle’s dimmer circuit to dim the scanner’s display with the vehicle’s dimmer control.
'''“Soft“ Search Keys -'''
'''“Soft“ Search Keys -'''
Revision as of 20:53, 27 March 2007
Uniden's Base/Mobile Digital Trunktracker scanner with Dynamic Memory Architecture and GPS Support.
Started Shipping June 2006.
- Channels: 6000 maximum
- Systems: 500 maximum
- Sites: 1000 maximum, 256 maximum per system
- Groups per system: 20 maximum
- Talkgroups per trunked system: 250 maximum
- Scan Rate: 100 channels per second (conventional mode)
- System Quick Key range: 0-99
- Group Quick Key range: 0-9
- Custom Search Ranges: 10
- Preprogrammed Service Search Bands: 13
- 25 - 512 MHz
- 764 - 776 MHz
- 794 - 956 MHz
- 1240 - 1300 MHz
- Rebanding Supported? YES
- APCO25 Digital Audio decoding
- Adaptive Digital Threshold - Automatically sets the digital decode threshold for APCO 25 systems
- TrunkTracker IV with Control-Channel Only scanning and I-Call monitoring
- Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb, Close Call Priority (or Primary), and Close Call Temporary Store.
- Fire Tone Out Alert
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode
- Search with Scan
- Frequency/ID AutoStore - automatically store frequencies from a service or limit search into a conventional system or store talk group IDs into a trunked system
- 16 character text tagging for each system, site, group, channel, talkgroup, search range, GPS location, tone-out, and SAME group
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- Analog and Digital AGC
- Quick Search
- Service Search — lets you select from Public Safety, News, HAM Radio, Marine, Railroad, Air, Citizens Band Radio, FRS/GMRS, Racing, TV Broadcast, FM Broadcast, Military Air, and Special (Itinerant)
- Custom Search — lets you program up to 10 search ranges
- 500 (250 Temporary + 250 Permanent) Search Lockouts
- SAME Weather Alert
- Weather Priority
- Priority Scan with Priority Plus
- Signal Strength display
- Trunking Activity Indicators
- Configurable scan delay
- Strong signal attenuation
- Upgradeable firmware
- Channel Alert
- Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
- Repeater Reverse
- Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc)
- Dropout Delay
- Quick Recall – quickly navigates to a specific Channel by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
- Reversible Display - Lets you reverse the display to mount unit upside down (and hear the speaker from the top)
- DIN-E and ISO Vehicle Mountable
- Record Out — you can connect an output jack to a VOX controlled recorder or PC sound input to record the received audio.
- Duplicate Input Alert
- Data Skip
- Key Lock
- PC Programming and Control
- Wired Cloning
- On-Air Programming
- Memory Back Up
- Physical Dimensions: Width 7.33 Height 2.21 Depth 5.94
- Power requirements: 11.0V to 16.6V DC
- Antenna Connector: BNC
Uniden Multi-Site Trunking - allows independent system sites to share common talk group channel lists.
Location-based scanning and GPS information display - If you connect a GPS unit to the scanner it can automatically enable/disable systems based on the geographic information you provide.
Startup Configuration - Pressing a number button while powering on the scanner automatically unlocks all systems assigned to that startup key and automatically locks all systems assigned to a different startup key (unassigned systems are not affected).
Temporary Lockout - Pressing L/O one time while on a channel temporarily locks out that channel. Pressing F+L/O one time while on a system temporarily locks out that system.
Pressing L/O or F+L/O two times results in a permanent lockout. Pressing L/O for more than 3 seconds unlocks all channels in the current system (or all search lockouts if in a search). F+L/O for more than 3 seconds unlocks all systems.
Temporary lockouts are removed when power is cycled.
Six-Level Backlighting - Lets you set the display/keypad backlight to any of three brightness levels (or off) and two colors (red or green). Also lets you connect to your vehicle’s dimmer circuit to dim the scanner’s display with the vehicle’s dimmer control.
“Soft“ Search Keys - Let you program the keypad’s secondary functions to turn on/off specified search ranges.
Single-Handed Function Operation - Tap Function to access F+ key presses. 5 seconds after your last key press, the scanner reverts to non F+ entry (or press Function again to revert sooner).
Uniden Digital/Analog AGC Tweak Procedures
- BCD996T QandA
- Uniden Dynamic Memory Scanner Problems
- Scanner Programming: Man-Machine Interface
- 'Getting the Most from the new Uniden Scanners' by Paul Opitz
- BCD996T User Manual
- JPEG of discriminator tap point
- Uniden scanner test modes
- Control Codes for BCD996
PC Programming and Control
- BuTel Software products
- Clone996 backup & restore utility
- ARC996 Basic/Pro
- ARC996 PDF brochure
- 'Scanner Over IP 996' client/server software (under development)
- IDTracker II
- Scancat Lite Plus
- Scan Control
- UASD Software and Firmware Updates
- To Enter Registration Key: open program, click on "write to scanner", click on "setup" at top and then "registration" a box will open so that you can enter the number that was emailed to you ("demo" will now be removed from the write to scanner box)
- Trunkstar Elite
- Trunkstar Elite Pro
Yahoo Groups and Message Boards
Talkgroup and Frequency display when scanning
Use display mode #2: Toggling the Display Mode To change the display so the channel and frequency or Talk Group ID appear instead of extended channel information, hold on any channel then press F + . The scanner displays Display Mode 2. To return to Mode 1, press F +  Mode1 indicates the channel data under the Channel Name. Mode2 indicates the frequencies under the Channel Name for Conventional systems or the TGID number for Trunked systems.
Return to Uniden Scanners