From The RadioReference Wiki
Uniden's Base/Mobile Digital Trunktracker scanner with Dynamic Memory Architecture and GPS Support.
Started Shipping June 2006.
- Channels: 6000 maximum
- Systems: 500 maximum
- Sites: 1000 maximum, 256 maximum per system
- Groups per system: 20 maximum
- Talkgroups per trunked system: 250 maximum
- Scan Rate: 100 channels per second (conventional mode)
- System Quick Key range: 0-99
- Group Quick Key range: 0-9
- Custom Search Ranges: 10
- Preprogrammed Service Search Bands: 13
- 25 - 512 MHz
- 764 - 776 MHz
- 794 - 956 MHz
- 1240 - 1300 MHz
- Rebanding Supported? YES
- APCO25 Digital Audio decoding
- APCO Auto Adjust Threshold
- TrunkTracker IV with Control-Channel Only scanning and I-Call monitoring
- Uniden Multi-Site Trunking allows independent system sites to share common talk group channel lists.
- Location-based scanning and GPS information display
- Startup Configuration – lets you set systems to be automatically locked or unlocked during power-up.
- Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb, Close Call Priority, and Close Call Temporary Store.
- Fire Tone Out Alert
- Search with Scan
- SAME Weather Alert
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- Two-Color Backlighting-Lets you choose either red or green backlighting for the display/keypad.
- Three-Level Backlighting-Lets you set the display/keypad backlight to any of three levels (or off).
- LCD and Keypad Backlight
- Priority Scan with Priority Plus
- Signal Strength display
- Trunking Activity Indicators
- 16 character text tagging for each system, site, group, channel, talkgroup, search range, GPS location, tone-out, and SAME group
- Configurable scan delay
- Strong signal attenuation
- Upgradeable firmware
- Temporary lockout
- Channel Alert
- Repeater Reverse
- Frequency autostore and Talkgroup ID autostore
- Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc)
- Single-Handed Function Operation
- Alert + -- sets the scanner to be silent except for "alert" channels or events.
- Dropout Delay
- Quick Recall – quickly navigates to a specific Channel by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
- Quick Search
- “SOFT Search Keys – let you assign search ranges to front-panel keys.
- 500 (250 Temporary + 250 Permanent) Search Lockouts
- Duplicate Input Alert
- Data Skip
- Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
- Key Lock
- PC Programming and Control
- Wired Cloning
- On-Air Programming
- Memory Back Up
- Width 7.33 Height 2.21 Depth 5.94
- 11.0V to 16.6V DC
Temporary Lockout- Pressing L/O one time while on a channel temporarily locks out that channel. Pressing F+L/O one time while on a system temporarily locks out that system.
Pressing L/O or F+L/O two times results in a permanent lockout. Pressing L/O for more than 3 seconds unlocks all channels in the current system (or all search lockouts if in a search). F+L/O for more than 3 seconds unlocks all systems.
Temporary lockouts are removed when power is cycled.
Startup Configuration- Pressing a number button while powering on the scanner automatically unlocks all systems assigned to that startup key and automatically locks all systems assigned to a different startup key (unassigned systems are not affected).
“Soft Search Keys- Let you program the keypad’s secondary functions to turn on/off specified search ranges.
Single-Handed Function Operation- Tap Function to access F+ key presses. 5 seconds after your last key press, the scanner reverts to non F+ entry (or press Function again to revert sooner).
Uniden Digital/Analog AGC Tweak Procedures
- BCD996T QandA
- Uniden Dynamic Memory Scanner Problems
- Scanner Programming: Man-Machine Interface
- 'Getting the Most from the new Uniden Scanners' by Paul Opitz
- BCD996T User Manual
- JPEG of discriminator tap point
- Uniden scanner test modes
- Control Codes for BCD996
PC Programming and Control
- BuTel Software products
- Clone996 backup & restore utility
- ARC996 Basic/Pro
- ARC996 PDF brochure
- 'Scanner Over IP 996' client/server software (under development)
- IDTracker II
- Scancat Lite Plus
- Scan Control
- UASD Software and Firmware Updates
- To Enter Registration Key: open program, click on "write to scanner", click on "setup" at top and then "registration" a box will open so that you can enter the number that was emailed to you ("demo" will now be removed from the write to scanner box)
- Trunkstar Elite
- Trunkstar Elite Pro
Yahoo Groups and Message Boards
Talkgroup and Frequency display when scanning
Use display mode #2: Toggling the Display Mode To change the display so the channel and frequency or Talk Group ID appear instead of extended channel information, hold on any channel then press F + . The scanner displays Display Mode 2. To return to Mode 1, press F +  Mode1 indicates the channel data under the Channel Name. Mode2 indicates the frequencies under the Channel Name for Conventional systems or the TGID number for Trunked systems.
Return to Uniden Scanners