From The RadioReference Wiki
Uniden's analog-only Base/Mobile Trunktracker scanner with Dynamic Memory Architecture and GPS Support. Shipping started Summer 2006.
- Channels: 2500 maximum
- Systems: 500 maximum
- Sites: 1000 maximum, 256 maximum per system
- Groups per system: 20 maximum
- Talkgroups per trunked system: 250 maximum
- Scan Rate: 100 channels per second (conventional mode)
- System Quick Key range: 0-99
- Group Quick Key range: 0-9
- Custom Search Ranges: 10
- Preprogrammed Service Search Bands: 13
- 25 - 512 MHz
- 764 - 776 MHz
- 794 - 956 MHz
- 1240 - 1300 MHz
- Rebanding Supported? YES
- TrunkTracker III with Control-Channel Only scanning and I-Call monitoring
- Uniden Multi-Site Trunking allows independent system sites to share common talk group channel lists.
- Location-based scanning and GPS information display
- Startup Configuration – lets you set systems to be automatically locked or unlocked during power-up.
- BearTracker warning system
- State-by-State Preprogrammed Channels — let you easily keep up with activity on local police, Department of Transportation, and Highway Patrol frequencies when you travel, without having to program any channels.
- Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb, Close Call Priority, and Close Call Temporary Store.
- Fire Tone Out Alert
- Search with Scan
- SAME Weather Alert
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- LCD and Keypad Backlight
- Priority Scan with Priority Plus
- Signal Strength display
- Trunking Activity Indicators
- 16 character text tagging for each system, site, group, channel, talkgroup, search range, GPS location, tone-out, and SAME group
- Configurable scan delay
- Strong signal attenuation
- Upgradeable firmware
- Temporary lockout
- Channel Alert
- Repeater Reverse
- Frequency autostore and Talkgroup ID autostore
- Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc)
- Single-Handed Function Operation
- Alert + -- sets the scanner to be silent except for "alert" channels or events.
- Dropout Delay
- Quick Recall – quickly navigates to a specific Channel by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
- Quick Search
- “SOFT Search Keys – let you assign search ranges to front-panel keys.
- 500 (250 Temporary + 250 Permanent) Search Lockouts
- Duplicate Input Alert
- Data Skip
- Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
- Key Lock
- PC Programming and Control
- Wired Cloning
- On-Air Programming
- Memory Back Up
- 11.0V to 16.6V DC
Advanced (and much requested) Features
Temporary Lockout - Pressing L/O one time while on a channel temporarily locks out that channel. Pressing F+L/O one time while on a system temporarily locks out that system.
Pressing L/O or F+L/O two times results in a permanent lockout. Pressing L/O for more than 3 seconds unlocks all channels in the current system (or all search lockouts if in a search). F+L/O for more than 3 seconds unlocks all systems.
Temporary lockouts are removed when power is cycled.
Startup Configuration - Pressing a number button while powering on the scanner automatically unlocks all systems assigned to that startup key and automatically locks all systems assigned to a different startup key (unassigned systems are not affected).
Three-Level Backlighting - Lets you set the display/keypad backlight to any of three levels (or off).
Single-Handed Function Operation - Tap Function to access F+ key presses. 5 seconds after your last key press, the scanner reverts to non F+ entry (or press Function again to revert sooner).
Alert + - Sets the scanner for "wife and girlfriend" mode. Silences all channels and audio except for those channels and events that have an assigned alert.
- Scanner Programming: Man-Machine Interface
- 'Getting the Most from the new Uniden Scanners' by Paul Opitz
- Uniden Dynamic Memory Scanner Problems
- Uniden scanner test modes
- BCT-15 Owner's Manual
PC Programming and Control
- BuTel Software
- ARC-15 LiTe
- ARC-15 Basic
- ARC-15 PRO
- ID Tracker II
- Scan Control
- Scancat Lite Plus
- Trunkstar Elite
- Trunkstar Elite Pro
- UASD Software and Firmware Updates
Yahoo Groups and Message Boards
- BCT15 Yahoo group
- BCT-15 Yahoo group
- ARC330/ARC396/ARC996/ARC15 software discussion and support.
- Scancat Yahoo group
- Scan Control Yahoo group
Return to Uniden Scanners