From The RadioReference Wiki
Uniden's analog-only Base/Mobile Trunktracker scanner with Dynamic Memory Architecture and GPS Support. Shipping started Summer 2006.
- Voltage: 13.8 Volts d.c.
- Current: less than 750mA (max. rating of included wall wart)
- Power plug: 5.5mm outer diameter, 2.1mm inner diameter; Radio Shack size code "M"
- Channels: 2500 maximum
- Systems: 500 maximum
- Sites: 1000 maximum, 256 maximum per system
- Groups per system: 20 maximum
- Talkgroups per trunked system: 250 maximum
- Scan Rate: 100 channels per second (conventional mode)
- System Quick Key range: 0-99
- Group Quick Key range: 0-9
- Custom Search Ranges: 10
- Preprogrammed Service Search Bands: 13
- 25 - 512 MHz
- 764 - 776 MHz
- 794 - 956 MHz
- 1240 - 1300 MHz
- Can be updated to support Rebanding? YES
- See the Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners article for the firmware link
- TrunkTracker III with Motorola Control Channel Only trunking and I-Call monitoring
- Multi-Site support
- Trunking Activity Indicators
- EDACS ESK support (requires firmware 1.06)
- BearTracker warning system
- State-by-State Preprogrammed Channels - lets you easily keep up with activity on local police, Department of Transportation, and Highway Patrol frequencies when you travel, without having to program any channels.
- Uniden Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb, Close Call Priority (or Primary), and Close Call Temporary Store.
- GPS Support for location-based scanning, location alerts, and crows-flight navigation
- Independent GPS Control of Sites and Channel Groups
- 100 Quick Keys
- Quick Recall – quickly navigates to a specific Channel by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
- Supported step sizes: 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5,15, 20, 25, 50 or 100 kHz
- Data Skip
- Adjustable (0-5 sec) scan delay
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode
- Temporary System, Site, Group, Channel, and Location Lockout
- 500 (250 Temporary + 250 Permanent) Search Lockouts
- Startup Configuration
- Frequency/ID AutoStore - automatically store frequencies from a service or limit search into a conventional system or store talk group IDs into a trunked system
- 16 character text tagging for each system, site, group, channel, talkgroup, search range, location, Tone-out, and SAME group
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- Quick Search
- Search with Scan for Service and Custom Searches with assigned Quick Keys
- 13 Service Searches - Public Safety, News, HAM Radio, Marine, Railroad, Air, CB Radio, FRS/GMRS, Racing, TV Broadcast, FM Broadcast, Military Air, and Special (Itinerant)
- Custom Search - lets you program up to 10 search ranges
- 3 Quick-Access Search Keys
- Fire Tone Out Alert
- Channel Alert
- Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
- Weather Alert Priority
- SAME Weather Alert
- Alert Mute - silences all alerts
- Alert Plus - silences the scanner except for channels/BearTracker warnings that have assigned alerts
- Duplicate Channel Alert
- Priority Scan with Priority Plus
- Signal Strength display
- LCD Backlight
- Reversible Display - Lets you reverse the display to mount unit upside down (and hear the speaker from the top)
- Adjustable Hold (scan duration 0-255 sec) per system, custom or service search
- Strong signal attenuation
- Upgradeadable firmware
- Repeater Reverse
- Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc) with 10 custom bands
- PC Programming and Control
- Record Out - you can connect an output jack to a VOX controlled recorder or PC sound input to record the received audio.
- Wired Cloning (Will only Clone to another BCT15 only)
- DIN-E and ISO Vehicle Mountable (optional)
- BNC antenna connector
- Memory Back Up
- Power requirements: 11.0V to 16.6V DC
- Please see the BCT15 1.06 Release notes (on Uniden wiki)
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- LTR Standard
- System Voices:
The following features were added by the 1.06 Update:
- Support for rebanded Motorola Trunked Systems
- Make the AGC settings in normal menu items
- Improve the RSSI PC report-out performance
- Add a 30-second option to Fire Tone-Out
Uniden Multi-Site Trunking - Allows independent system sites to share common talk group channel lists.
Location Based Scanning - If you connect a GPS unit to the scanner it can automatically enable/disable systems based on the geographic information you provide.
Startup Configuration - Pressing a number button while powering on the scanner automatically unlocks all systems assigned to that startup key and automatically locks all systems assigned to a different startup key (unassigned systems are not affected).
Temporary Lockout - Makes it easy to temporarily lock out a system, channel, or frequency. The lockout is cleared when you turn power off.
Alert + - Sets the scanner for "wife and girlfriend" mode. Silences all channels and audio except for those channels and events that have an assigned alert.
Three-Level Backlighting - Lets you set the display/keypad backlight to any of three brightness levels (or off). Also lets you connect to your vehicle’s dimmer circuit to dim the scanner’s display with the vehicle’s dimmer control.
“Soft“ Search Keys - Let you program the keypad’s secondary functions to turn on/off specified search ranges.
Single-Handed Function Operation - Tap Function to access F+ key presses. 5 seconds after your last key press, the scanner reverts to non F+ entry (or press Function again to revert sooner).
- Easier to Read BCT-15 Scanner Manual
- Programming Your Uniden Scanner
- Firmware Updates
- Uniden scanner test modes
- BCT-15 Owner's Manual
- BCT15 Discriminator tap point
- NOTE: The BCD996 and BCT15 appear to share the same tap point location. Look at the center of the board, go right and down.
- BCT-15 Discriminator output modification description
- Uniden USB-1 page on Scanner Master
- Uniden BCT-15 and BCT-15X Teardown & Other Data
PC Programming and Control
- BuTel Software
- ARC-15 Basic
- ARC-15 PRO (capable of audio recording)
- ProScan Free 30-day fully functional trial, $ 50, Feature Rich
- WM15 - BCT15 control via SmartPhone Bluetooth application
BCT15 Scanners for Sale
Return to Uniden Scanners