Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 23:59, 1 August 2015 by QDP2012 (updated categories)
|Camp Shelby DB||MediaWiki||Quickref||PDF Card||Mississippi Forum|
Welcome to the Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center, Mississippi collaboration article. This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for your area.
Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center
Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center is used by many branches of the Armed Services: National Guard, Reserves, Army, Air Force, Marines, and Navy Seabees. NATO Forces from other countries also train at Camp Shelby from time to time.
Hagler AAF (SLJ) is the name of the main Air Field located at Camp Shelby. There are also other training air fields located in the training areas. Camp Shelby has Air-to-Ground Ranges that are used by the ANG, Air Force Reserves and other branches of the military. At times there could be a lot of MilAir traffic.
On some communications you may hear the term "The White House". The "White House" is a large white house located on the main post. It is used by visiting dignitaries and generals. It is listed on the National Register of Historical Places.
The Railhead facility at Camp Shelby is served by the Kansas City Southern Railway.
Camp Shelby is being used at this time for mobilization, processing and training for National Guard and Reserve troops going to Iraq or Afghanistan. One of only two Guard facilities activated in the US.
- Camp Shelby is currently (as of 10/2014) in the process of getting FAA approval for building 2-3 sites for the Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN). They are currently using TGID 12585 for communications with the Trent Lott Combat Readiness Training Center Fire/Crash department.
- Most field training radio communications are on the VHF lowband (25-76 MHz)
- Field radio frequencies are usually changed every 24 hours
- Support for field operations stay on the same Frequencies (ie: Range Control, Medevac)
- Newer military field radio equipment may operate on other bands (ie: squad radios)
- Post Support Operations use the VHF highband. (139-144 MHz)
- Mississippi ChalleNGe Academy uses UHF radios.
- MILAIR Frequencies UHF and VHF are also used for aircraft training operations.
- Shelby JFT Police (State Law Enforcement) operates on 139.4000 MHz.
- Callsigns: Dispatch - Shelby; Patrols - 38(A-Z)
Air Training Operations
|Primary frequencies (as of Q2 2015)|
|??||228.850||BM||Shelby Primary||Shelby Primary / Desoto 1||AM||Military|
|??||271.225||BM||Shelby Secondary||Shelby Secondary / Desoto 2||AM||Military|
|??||233.200||BM||CS RCO Air||Range Control Officer Air||AM||Military|
|??||138.200||BM||CS DZ SO||Drop Zone Safety Officer||AM||Military|
|??||349.300||BM||CS DZ Tac||Drop Zone Discreet / Tactical||AM||Military|
|Air Traffic Control(as of Q3-Q4 2014)|
|??||241.000||BM||SLJ Tower||Haglar Tower||AM||Military|
|??||285.475||BM||Houston Center||Houston Center||AM||Military|
|Operation Southern Strike 15 (Q4 2014)|
|??||142.275||BM||RACER A/A||Eglin AFB RACER Air-Air||AM||Military|
|??||342.500||BM||ZIPPER A/A||Eglin AFB ZIPPER Air-Air||AM||Military|
|??||233.625||BM||233.625 MHz||160th SOAR night op involving SPOOKY, BEAST, VULTURE, HOBBY, and many others||AM||Military|
Radio callsigns that may be heard
- HAMMER - NAS Pensacola, VT86 T-45's (and possibly others)
- HOBBY - Keesler AFB C-130's
- SPOOKY / GHOST - Hurlburt Field AC-130
- RIVER - NAS JRB New Orleans - VFA-204 F/A-18
Camp Shelby Home Units
- Joint Force Headquarters
- 177th Armored Brigade
- 154th Regimental Regional Training Institute
- 3/87th Training Division
- 108th Training Regiment
- K/185th Aviation Brigade (Theater)
- 704th Ordnance Det (EOD)
Camp Shelby is also home to the Youth Challenge Program (a boot camp for military minded youths) and the Mississippi Armed Forces Museum.
- Chief of Naval Air Training (CNATRA)
- Gulf States Milcom
- Keesler Air Force Base (BIX) Harrison County (MS)
- Military Aviation (MILAIR) (MS)
- Naval Air Station Meridian
- Naval Air Station Pensacola
- Trent Lott Combat Readiness Training Center