Digital End Code detection
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 12:05, 30 March 2008 by Ka3jjz (New page: To activate the new "digital end code detection" feature - which is distinctly different from the "end code" option that is readily available in the radio's standard menu <br> * Turn off ...)
To activate the new "digital end code detection" feature - which is distinctly different from
the "end code" option that is readily available in the radio's standard menu
- Turn off the radio.
- Press the HOLD button and turn on the radio again. Once the radio boots, release HOLD
- Press Menu
- Select Program System
- Scroll to the system in question (i.e. Baltimore City). Select it.
- Scroll to & select Edit Sys Option
- Scroll to Digital End Code and select this.
- Change from the default of ignore over to Yes.
- Then, just get out of menu.
- Could then turn radio off & back on again (to again get into regular operating mode).
This will allow the radio to move on from any given talkgroup once the unit has ended their transmission - and importantly,
the radio should no longer wait until the repeater un-sticks. You'll have to set this for each and every digital system you are having this issue with.
comment: This likely applies to the 996 as well (ka3jjz)
Thanx to DoctorDave in the Maryland Forum for this procedure