Duchesne County (UT)
From The RadioReference Wiki
The name of Duchesne (doo-shane) County is of uncertain origin, there being six origins given:
- The Ute Indian word doo-shane meaning dark canyon.
- Fort Duquesne, built by the French in what is now Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Rose du Chesne, founder of the Sacred Heart in Utah.
- An early Indian chief in the region.
- An 1830s French fur trapper.
- Andre Duchesne, a French geographer and historian.
Utah State Agency Radio Call Signs
- 1M (1 Mike) Duchesne County
- 2M Duchesne City
- 3M Roosevelt
- 4M Myton
NOTE: Although the State assigns radio call signs, the local dispatch offices are free to use less cumbersome call signs (See Below).
Duchesne County uses Mike as identifier and provides law enforcement coverage to all of Duchesne County with the exception of Myton & Roosevelt Cities.
Myton Police Department is dispatched using Tango as an identifier.
Roosevelt Police Department is dispatched using Zulu as an identifier.
Vernal dispatches 911 for all of the Uintah Basin which includes, Uintah County and Duchesne County with the exception of the Ute Indian Tribe and Bureau of Indian Affairs which have their own dispatch center for non 911 calls. It also dispatches Daggett County.
Duchesne County Fire Departments
- Fire 100 Units = Duchesne City Fire
- Fire 140 Units = Fruitland Fire
- Fire 150 Units = Altamont Fire
- Fire 160 Units = Tabiona Fire
- Fire 170 Units = Myton Fire
- Fire 180 Units = Neola Fire
- Fire 200 Units = Roosevelt Fire
Duchesne County EMS
- Kilo 530 = Duchesne Ambulance
- Kilo 560 = Altamont Ambulance
- Kilo 580 = Tabiona Ambulance
- Kilo 500 = Roosevelt Ambulance
- Kilo 502 = Fruitland Ambulance
- Medic = Uintah Basin Medical Center Paramedics (Covering Duchesne and Western Uintah Counties)
- UBMC = Uintah Basin Medical Center (Roosevelt)
- Kilo = Duchesne County EMS
|155.83500||151.28000||WPDS897||RM||167.9 PL||Duchesne FDw||Fire/EMS West (Tabby Mtn)||FMN||Fire Dispatch|
|151.01000||159.00000||WPMI956||RM||123.0 PL||Duchesne SAR||Search and Rescue||FM||Law Talk|
|453.27500||458.27500||WQBI568||RM||162 DPL||Duchesne Wtr||Water Conservation||FM||Public Works|
|152.39750||157.65750||WQCY481||RM||503 DPL||Duchesne Bus||School Buses||FM||Schools|
|155.37000||151.13000||KRI629||RM||162.2 PL||Duchesne Law||Sheriff/Police/UHP (Steamboat Mtn)||FMN||Law Dispatch|
|155.05500||151.23500||WPDS897||RM||114.8 PL||Duchesne FDe||Fire/EMS East (Little Mtn)||FMN||Fire Dispatch|
|152.00750||WQJV705||B||Duchesne Pag||Countywide EMS Paging||FMN||EMS Dispatch|
Ute Indian Tribe
|154.89000||159.06000||KNIL283||RM||103.5 PL||UteTribeFire||Fire/EMS||FM||Fire Dispatch|
|155.41500||154.72500||KZC590||RM||103.5 PL||UteIndianAff||Indian Affairs||FM||Federal|
Utah State Trunked