EMS / MedEvac / Public Health (IL)
From The RadioReference Wiki
- 1 Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- 2 Illinois IDPH EMS Regions and Systems
- 3 Air Helos/Med-Evac
- 4 EMS Agencies (Area-Wide)
- 5 Related Links
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- IDPH EMS Call Signs
- KB61079 8 high power units on 155.16, 25 high power units on all other VHF
- Powerpoint on Public Health/Hospital Radios
- Illinois Public Health Mutual Aid System (IPHMAS)
IDPH I-REACH/VHF Interoperability Radios:
- XTL-5000 (mobile), HT-1250 (portable), MTR-2000 (Base Station)
In base radio, 110wt VHF, with up to 16 channels:
- 1) 155.2800 141.3 PL - Statewide Hospital Disaster Coordination
- 2) 155.3400 210.7 PL - Statewide MERCI Tone
- 3) 155.3400, 155.4000, 155.1600, 155.2200 (with Local Tone)
Illinois IDPH EMS Regions and Systems
Chicago EMS System
Region 1 - Rockford
Winnebago County has the regional medical centers for region-1, all 3 Level 1 trauma centers are in Rockford.
Region 2 - Regionwide
Eastern Illinois EMS System"
OSF St Francis EMS System (Peoria)
Region 2 TICP (Tactical Interoperable Communications Plan) VHF Radio Channel Frequency Description MERCI 155.34 Ambulance to Hospital Communications MERCI 2 155.28 Designated for hospital to hospital communications IREACH 155.055 Designated for communications among Illinois Public Safety agencies when no other direct means of communication is available. STARCOM 21 Radio Channel Zone Description EMS B For communicating amongst all RHCC Hospitals EMS R2 B For communicating amongst all Hospitals in Region 2 Hospital MERCI (PL/CTCSS Tones) 1 Advocate BroMenn Medical Center 94.8 13 OSF Saint Francis Medical Center 167.9 2 Advocate Eureka Hospital 141.3 14 OSF Saint James Medical Center 118.8 3 Galesburg Cottage Hospital 107.2 15 OSF Saint Joseph Medical Center 210.7 4 Genesis Medical Center, Aledo 225.7 16 OSF Saint Luke Medical Center 136.5 5 Genesis Medical Center, Illini 110.9 17 OSF Saint Mary Medical Center 107.2 6 Graham Hospital 173.8 18 OSF Saint Paul Medical Center 146.2 7 Hammond Henry Hospital 229.1 19 Pekin Memorial Hospital 97.4 8 Hopedale Medical Complex 85.4 20 Perry memorial Hospital 179.9 9 Illinois Valley Community Hospital 162.2 21 St. Margaret’s Hospital 162.2 10 McDonough District Hospital 100.0 22 Unity Point Health, Methodist 82.5 11 OSF Holy Family Medical Center 71.9 23 Unity Point Health, Proctor 230.0 12 OSF Saint Elizabeth Medical Center 97.4 24 Unity Point Health, Trinity 179.9
Southern Illinois Trauma Center
- The area served by the new Southern Illinois Trauma Center is designated by IDPH Region III and includes 18 counties -- Adams, Brown, Calhoun, Cass, Christian, Greene, Hancock, Jersey, Logan, Macoupin, Mason, Menard, Montgomery, Morgan, Pike, Sangamon, Schuyler and Scott. There are two other Level II hospitals in the region -- Blessing Hospital in Quincy and Passavant Area Hospital in Jacksonville. They, along with Memorial and St. John's and Jersey Medical Community Hospital in Jerseyville, are the resource hospitals for Emergency Medical Systems (EMS).
- Madison, St. Clair, Bond, Clinton, Monroe, Randolph and Washington.
Southwestern Illinois EMS System
- System Policy Manual PDF
- Belleville Memorial - Pod Hospital (Net Control KWF792) Touchette Regional-Centreville, Kenneth Hall-East St. Louis, St. Elizabeths-Belleville, St.Josephs-Breese, SAFB Medical Center, Red Bud Memorial Regional, Sparta Community, Anderson-Maryville, Alton Memorial, Gateway Regional-Granite City, St. Anthony's-Alton, St. Josephs-Highland, Utlat-Greenville, Thomas Boyd Memorial-Carrollton, Community Memorial-Staunton, Fayette County-Vandalia Region 4 info provided by Loyola University Health System
North Egypt EMS System
- St. Mary's Good Samaritan in Mt. Vernon
- Established in 1979 and serves Jefferson, Marion, Franklin,Washington, Perry, and Saline County.
Region 8 - Du Page (southern)
- A busy, state-defined EMS region west of downtown Chicago. Good Samaritan in Downers Grove
Loyola EMS System
- McHenry, Kane, part of Lake, part Kendall, northern DuPage Counties
- Christ Hospital McHenry and southern Lake county are assigned MED channels as follows: PRIMARY: 7 TERTIARY: 6 SECONDARY: 5 ITINERANT OR COMMON: 8
Northwest Community EMS System
- The Resource Hospital for the Northwest Community EMS System is: Northwest Community Hospital, located in Arlington Heights
The following 5 Hospitals are Associate Hospitals of the EMS System:
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center, located in Elk Grove Village
- Adventist Glen Oaks Hospital, located in Glendale Heights
- Good Shepherd Hospital, located in Barrington
- Resurrection Medical Center, located in Chicago
- St. Alexius Medical Center, located in Hoffman Estates
The Following 21 Fire Agencies and 3 Private ambulance services are members of the Northwest Community EMS System:
- Advantage Ambulance, Inc.
- A-Tec Ambulance
- Arlington Height Fire Department
- Barrington Fire Department
- Barrington Countryside Fire Protection District
- Bloomingdale Fire Protection District
- Buffalo Grove Fire Department
- Des Plaines Fire Department
- Elk Grove Rural Fire Protection District
- Elk Grove Village Fire Department
- Fermilab Fire Department
- Hoffman Estates Fire Department
- Itasca Fire Protection District
- Lake Zurich Fire/Rescue Department
- Lincolnshire-Riverwoods Fire Protection District
- Long Grove Fire Protection District
- Mount Prospect Fire Department
- Palatine Fire Department
- Palatine Rural Fire Protection District
- Prospect Heights Fire Protection District
- Rolling Meadows Fire Department
- Schaumburg Fire Department
- Superior Ambulance Services
- Wood Dale Fire Department
Region 11 - Chicago
- All Chicago Hospitals are on a repeater. Telemetry hospitals are divided into 3 sections. North, Central, South. The North PL's are all 156.7, Central PL's 146.2, South PL's 173.8. In each region, all operations are run by Resource Hospitals Associate Hospitals function underneath Resource Hospitals. Multi-Victim incidents, EMS Plans are to be called into Resource Hospitals, while most other runs can be called into Associate Hospitals. We do have assigned Hospitals we are supposed to call, but we don't follow that always for various reasons. Med 8 is not repeatered on any systems.
- FYI... It is NOT necessary to monitor the input frequency of any MED frequency, they are all on Repeaters
- CFD Ops Channel 8 (476.2875 simplex, 69.3 PL) is used for Helicopter EMS landing zone coordination ops.
St. Louis Area Hospitals
- For a more complete list of St Louis hospitals, see St Louis City and County
- 155.34000 BM 114.8 PL HEAR 114.8 Barnes-Jewish: Ambulance-to-Hospital Comms (to ARCH, etc) FMN Hospital
- 155.34000 BM 114.8 PL HEAR 114.8 Missouri Baptist (St. Louis) FMN Hospital
Air Evac Lifeteam
- See also Air Evac Nationwide WikiPage
- Service Area/Base Locations
- Serves Central and Southern Illinois (& surrounding states)
- Communications may be heard hundreds of miles away
- AirEvac - Communications Center
- Air Methods Website
- 461.525 Repeater, 468.875 Mobile (NFM at Bradley-Kankakee), used by Lifestar Chicago (Joliet) WQWX343
- Operated by Air Methods; ARCH has been committed to providing essential and lifesaving services to the Missouri and Illinois region for over 40 years.
- Established in 1979, by St. Louis University (SLU) Medical Center staffers, Air Methods acquired ARCH in 2000 and continued the program’s expansion and excellence in air medical operations
- Bases: Granite City, IL; Sparta, IL; Litchfield, IL; Effingham, IL; Carbondale, IL; Sullivan, MO
- ARCH Wiki Page
- Rescue 1, Based at HSHS St Josephs Hospital, Highland IL; Operated by Air Methods
Superior Air Med
- In addition to STARCOM21 talkgroup 36531, they have been heard testing talkgroups 36532-36535. They also utilize Outerlink Global Solutions' satellite-based service IRIS, which includes Push-To-Talk VoIP radio.
University of Chicago Aeromedical Network (UCAN)
- UCAN Base (129.475) has been heard acting as the Chicago-area contact for aeromed helos from outside the Chicago area, including SAMARITAN (Parkview Health) and LUTHERAN AIR (Lutheran Health Network), both based in Northern Indiana.
- Reference to channel "TAC 3" has been heard on 464.800 (a different frequency than 464.800). Possibly 129.475? A different frequency?
- MedEx Ambulance provides ground transport services for UCAN.
- UCAN's aviation services are provided by Air Methods.
EMS Agencies (Area-Wide)
- Provides service in New Lenox IL (formerly Kurtz Ambulance) (no longer in service 12/22)
- Provides paramedics for Streator Fire (as of 7/22)
AMR Abbott Ambulance
- Serves Metro East St Louis (IL) - Madison and St Clair Counties and St Louis City/County
- Primary Service to Franklin County IL. Transfer/Backup service to Effingham/Coles
- 8/15/22 - To replace DAS for Decatur/Macon County Link
- Decatur City Code for Ambulance Service LINK
- See the Abbott Page in Missouri (coming soon)
- Bases in Effingham, Mt Vernon, Centralia, Arcola, Caseyville, Alton (1002 Martin Luther King Blvd)
- Mostly providing IFT (Inter-Facility Transfers)
- As of 3/1/23 began providing 911 response for Godfrey and the west side of Alton in Madison County Article
- Former Cambpell-Superior; began business in 1979.
- Alton Division shut down 3/1/23 and is being served by Lakeside EMS of Effingham. Article
- Alton also has EMS service by Alton Memorial Hospital EMS (Christian Hospital/BJC) and Alton Fire Department
- Bases in Jacksonville (Morgan), Centralia (Clinton, Marion), Springfield (Sangamon) division
- Serving SouthWest Illinois - Randolph, Clinton, St Clair and Madison Counties
- See the wiki page MedStar_EMS_(IL)
- Fayette County Facebook page Bond County Facebook page Effingham County Facebook page MetroEast (Madison/St Clair Counties) Facebook page
- Serving Fayette, Bond, Effingham, Madison, St Clair Counties (along I-70)
- Rural Med Communications center in located at the main Headquarters in St Elmo (training, conference, billing, living quarters and break room) Dispatch Center
- Mutual-aid agreements include Abbott EMS, Lakeside EMS, Jasper County Ambulance Service, Farina Ambulance Service, Stewardson and Pocahontas.
- Began service 7/25/16 with 1 unit, now operating more than 12 ambulances that provide 911 services and inter-facility transports through out central and south central Illinois. Began providing 911 coverage in Fayette County in 2017, Bond County in January 2021 and Effingham County May 2022. Locations in Greenville, Vandalia, St Elmo, Effingham and Dieterich and MORE to come in the near future!
- Jan 2021 - Took over the Bond County Special Services District) for all of Bond County that area covered by the Pocahontas-Old Ripley Fire Protection District
- May 2022 - Took over 911 contract for Effingham County
- Apr 1, 2023 - Providing primary 911 services for Mitchell Fire and Long Lake FPD (Pontoon Beach) in Madison County.
- 5 123 01 Chevy Van unit (RMED-??)
- 5 123 02 Rural Med whi Mercedes Van
- 5 123 06 Ford unit (RMED-??)
- Rural Med 1 - Van Ambulance "Blue"
- Rural Med 2 - Mercedes white Van "The Twins" plate 5 123 02
- Rural Med 3 - Mercedes white Van "The Twins" (soon to be 2022? White/Black strip Box Ambulance RMED-3)
- Rural Med 4 - Chevy Box Ambulance (backup during maintenance/repair) "RMED-4 plate 5 137 04 unit 834
- Rural Med 5 - Dodge Ram 2500 Van (backup in Fayette/Bond Counties area) "RMED-5" plate 5 123 05
- Rural Med 6 - Chevy? Box Ambulance (Fayette County area) "The Triplets" (white) "RMED-6"
- Rural Med 7 - Chevy? Box Ambulance (Fayette County area) "The Triplets" (white) "RMED-7" plate 5 123 07
- Rural Med 8 - Chevy? Box Ambulance (Fayette County area) "The Triplets" "RMED-8" plate 5 123 08 (white)
- Rural Med 9 - Chevy Duramax 4500 Ambulance (Bond County) "RMED-9" (white/red) 4-B-25 (former Bond County EMS)
- Rural Med 10 - Ford E-450 Box Ambulance (Bond County) "RMED 10" 4-B-10
- Rural Med 11 - Ambulance (Bond County) "RMED 11" 4-B-11 (former Bond County EMS)
- Rural Med 12 - Chevy Box Ambulance (Effingham County area) 5 123 12 "RMED-12" unit 2852
- Rural Med 13 - Chevy Box Ambulance (Effingham County area) 5 123 13 "RMED-13" unit 2853 whi/blk stripe
- Rural Med 14 - Chevy Box Ambulance (Effingham County area) 5 123 14 "RMED-14" unit 2854
- Summer 2022 - Effingham County starts with 2 ALS trucks in Effingham and one in Dieterich
United Medical Response Facebook Page
- Based in Salem, 911 provider as well as standby services and interfacility transport following closing of Salem Area Ambulance Service and after Rural Med assisted until services were established. Base is listed as 220 E Rogers St in Salem. Additional bases of operation in Mt Vernon, Centralia, Marion and Herrin.
- United-XX or
- EMS Regions - IDPH EMS Regions Map by County & Call Sign prefix (OLD)
- Hospital PL Tone List - from MABASradio.org (Link updated 6/13)
- IDPH Terms Section 215 of ILCS - EMS Adminstrative Code
- ILEMS - Illinois Emergency Medical Services
- Peoria EMS - Peoria Area EMS System
- IL-IDPH -- Callsigns list