Difference between revisions of "Forsyth County (NC)"
From The RadioReference Wiki
(Updated broken link to beat map)
|Line 275:||Line 275:|
==Winston-Salem Police Department Districts and Beats==
==Winston-Salem Police Department Districts and Beats==
== Related Links ==
== Related Links ==
Latest revision as of 15:12, 4 August 2020
All agencies in Forsyth County utilize the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Motorola trunking system. Nearly all talkgroups use P25 Phase 1 modulation. The system consists of an eight-site simulcast network. The only Public Safety agency in Forsyth County still utilizing VHF is the Forsyth County FD. All traffic on the FCFD Dispatch talkgroup on the TRS is simulcasted on 154.205 MHz.
- 1 Winston-Salem / Forsyth County Simulcast Tower Site Locations
- 2 Forsyth County Fire/Rescue Stations
- 3 Forsyth County EMS
- 4 NuCare Carolina Amb. Inc.
- 5 Defunct Fire/Rescue Departments in Forsyth County
- 6 Winston-Salem Police Department response codes
- 7 Winston-Salem Police Department 10-codes
- 8 Winston-Salem Police Department Districts and Beats
- 9 Related Links
- 10 Smith Reynolds Airport (KINT)
Winston-Salem / Forsyth County Simulcast Tower Site Locations
- 7830 Shallowford Rd. - Just west of Lewisville
- 8118 Reynolds Rd. - Just south of Tobaccoville
- 6311 Amp Dr. - Clemmons
- 720 McKaughan St. - Kernersville
- 2985 Fairlawn Dr. - Near Oak Crest (Northern Winston-Salem)
- 301 North Main St. - Downtown Winston-Salem
- 793 Palmer Ln. - Southern Winston-Salem (Near the I-40/US-52 intersection)
- 5063 Salem Rd. - Walkertown
Forsyth County Fire/Rescue Stations
Most of the departments are based in Forsyth County, with the exception of Forbush (based in Yadkin County), Gumtree (based just below the line in Davidson), Colfax (based in Guilford County) and King (based in Stokes County). Some of the departments have first-due district in adjoining counties as well.
Station 9, Forsyth County ES Fire Division (formerly FCFD) is home to Fire Administration, Fire Prevention, Fire/Rescue Training Coordination, and Communications. FCES Fire Division also provides 24-hour paid personnel to Vienna Fire & Rescue (Stations 20 and 21) to support that department's efforts.
Communications is the 9-1-1 PSAP for all areas of Forsyth County outside the Winston-Salem city limits. They dispatch county fire departments & rescue squads, Kernersville Fire-Rescue, and Forsyth County EMS. Communications also handles patch requests from out-of-county EMS units to Forsyth Medical Center and WFU Baptist Medical Center emergency departments.
109 (County Fire/Rescue Support Unit), 209 (Support Unit), 309 (Support Unit), CFR-1 (Smith Reynolds Airport crash truck), and Air 9 units make up the Suppression Division. 109/209 responds on all structure fires, fire alarm activations, and extrications in areas of the county not covered by WSFD. 109 is based out of Kernersville Station 41 while 209 is based at Vienna Station 20.
Station 6 was known as the Forsyth County Emergency Services Technical Rescue Division until 2012-2013. From 1938 until January 2010 (when WSRS merged with FCES), they were known as the Winston-Salem Rescue Squad. Most of station 6's trucks/equipment are now serving with other county stations or WSFD.
- Sta. #9 - Forsyth Co. Emergency Services -
- Fire Division HQ - 3000 Aviation Dr. between Fairchild Rd. & Dead End,Smith Reynolds Airport (Sta. sits at the Dead End & doubles as the Fire Sta. for the Airport)
- Sta. #10 - Clemmons F.D. - Sta. #2 - 1030 S. Peace Haven Rd. (aka County Route 1891) between Lewisville-Clemmons Rd. & Kinnamon Rd.,Winston-Salem (Formerly South Fork V.F.D.)
- Sta. #11 - Lewisville F.D. - Sta. #1 - 216 Lewisville-Clemmons Rd. (aka State Route 1156) across from LaGrande Dr.
- Sta. #13 - Lewisville F.D. - Sta. #2 - 9420 Shallowford Rd. (aka County Route 1001) @ Williams Rd. (aka County Route 1173) (Water/Rescue resource for Winston-Salem/Forsyth Co.)
- Sta. #14 - Clemmons F.D. - Sta. #1 - 5931 James St. between Clemmons Rd. (aka US-158) & Stoney Dr. (Has some first due response in Davidson & Davie Counties. Clemmons is also Trench Rescue certified and can respond county wide along with Winston-Salem Rescue 1.)
- Sta. #15 - Griffith V.F.D. - 5190 Peters Creek Pkwy. (aka State Route 150) @ Oliver Station Ln.,Winston-Salem (KNDB774) (Also has district in Davidson County)
- Sta. #16 - Colfax F.D. - 9414 W. Market St. between N. Bunker Hill Rd. & Ira Dr.,Colfax (Based in Guilford Co. but has some coverage in Forsyth Co. & runs frequently w/Kernersville F.D. Engine 42)
- Sta. #17 - City View V.F.D. -
- Current Sta. - 4664 Old Belews Creek Rd. between Old Belews Creek Ct. & Paradise Ln.,Winston-Salem
- Former Sta. - 3978 Old Greensboro Rd. across from Felicity Cir.,Winston-Salem (KIQ202)
- Sta. #18 - Mineral Springs Vol. F/R - 1338 Old Hollow Rd. (aka State Route 66) between Baux Mountain Rd. (aka County Route 1946) & Hollow Forest Rd.,Winston-Salem
- Sta. #20 - Vienna V.F.D. - Sta. #2 - 5191 Robinhood Rd. between Meadowlark Dr. & Castle Dr.,Winston-Salem
- Sta. #21 - Vienna V.F.D. - Sta. #1 - 6328 Yadkinville Rd. (aka County Route 1525) between Vienna-Dozier Rd. & Lewisville-Vienna Rd. (aka County Route 1308),Pfafftown (The Current & Former Sta. sit on the same property. Coordinates are Current Sta.: 36.136691/-80.404567 & Former Sta.: 36.136929/-80.405673)
- Sta. #22 - Walkertown V.F.D. - 5225 Main St. (aka US-311) between Depot St. & Leake St. (KIP974)
- Sta. #23 - Rural Hall Vol. F/R - 177 Rural Hall-Germantown Rd. (aka State Route 65) @ College St. (WRE302) (Bays face College St. & also has coverage in Stokes Co.)
- Sta. #24 - Salem Chapel V.F.D. - 8400 Walnut Cove Rd. (aka US-311) across from Reid Farm Rd.,Walnut Cove
- Sta. #25 - Talleys Crossing V.F.D. - 650-656 Hopkins Rd. between W. Mountain St. & Sutter Ln.,Kernersville (Shares a chief with Sta. 17)
- Sta. #26 - Beeson(s) Crossroads V.F.D. - 1105 Old Salem Rd. @ Union Cross Rd.,Kernersville
- Sta. #27 - Old Richmond Vol. F/R -
- Current Sta. - 7975 Reynolda Rd. (aka State Route 67) between Turner Rd. & Joyce Norman Rd. (aka County Route 1467),Pfafftown (Current Sta. also has an address of 6455 Tobaccoville Rd. between Leafmore Ln. & Turner Rd.)
- Former Sta. - 7895 Reynolda Rd. (aka State Route 67) @ Turner Rd.,Pfafftown (KIP970)
- Sta. #28 - Union Cross V.F.D. -
- Current Sta. - 4401 High Point Rd. (aka County Route 1003) @ Watkins Ford Rd.,Kernersville
- Former Sta. - 1780 Union Cross Rd. between Woodway Dr. & Pinewood Terr.,Kernersville
- Sta. #29 - Horneytown V.F.D. - 102 Horneytown Rd. between High Point Rd. (aka County Route 1003) & Roberts Star Ln.,High Point (Also has coverage in Guilford & Davidson Counties)
- Sta. #30 - King F.D. - 302 W. King St. (aka County Route 1236) @ Sunset Dr.,King (Stokes Co.) (KDP332) (Based in Stokes Co. w/some coverage in Forsyth Co. - uses Forsyth Co. numbering)
- Sta. #31 - Belews Creek V.F.D. -
- Current Sta. - 7675 Belews Creek Rd. (aka County Route 1965) between Crim Rd. & Fulps Mill Rd (aka County Route 1966)
- Former Sta. - 8044 Goodwill Church Rd. (aka County Route 1971) between Belews Creek Rd. (aka County Route 1965) & Vanhoy Ridge Rd. (KDV817)
- Sta. #32 - Piney Grove F.D. - Sta. #1 (HQ) - 7525 Vance Rd. (aka State Route 2011) @ Sheppard Hill Rd. (aka County Route 2020),Kernersville
- Sta. #34 - Piney Grove F.D. - Sta. #2 - 1109 Piney Grove Rd. (aka County Route 1969) @ Hidden Hills Dr.,Kernersville
- Sta. #35 - Gumtree V.F.D. - 2466 Gumtree Rd. (aka County Route 1711) between Chestnut Ln. (aka County Route 1992) & Old Lexington Rd. (aka County Route 1706),Winston-Salem (WPGG644) (Based in Davidson Co. - uses Forsyth Co. numbering)
- Sta. #36 - Forbush V.F.D. - 4725 Old US-421 E. (aka County Route 1605) between Baltimore Rd. (aka County Route 1571) & Dinkins Rd.,Yadkinville (KDR763) (Base in Yadkin Co. as there Sta. 11 - 2 sets of nos. - 536/1120 for Chief,etc.)
City of Winston-Salem Fire Department Stations/Equipment
- Winston-Salem Fire Department dispatch is known as KUJ.
- A.B. Bullard Sta. #1: 651 N. Marshall St. between W. Sixth St. & W. Seventh St. - Engine 1/Ladder 1/Chief 7(Division Chief)/Brush 1/Squad 1
- Stratford West Sta. #2: - Engine 2/Ladder 2/Air Resource 1
- Current Sta. - 405 Somerset Dr. across from Silverthorne Ct.
- Former Sta. -
- 301 S. Liberty St. @ 50 Cemetery St.
- 300 S. Main St. @ Cemetery St.
- Liberty North Sta. #3: 2995 N. Liberty St. @ Brookwood Business Park Dr. - Engine 3/Safety 3
- Lester E. Ervin Sta. #4: - Engine 4/Battalion 2
- Current Sta. - 290 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. @ Excelsior St.
- Former Sta. - 214 N. Dunleith Ave. between E. First St. & E. Third St.
- Palmer Lane South Sta. #5: - Engine 5/Ladder 5
- Current Sta. - 771 Palmer Ln. between E. Clemmonsville Rd. & Rothrock St.
- Former Sta. - 450 E. Devonshire St. @ Glendale St.
- Ardmore Sta. #6: 1717 (W.) Academy St. @ Gales Ave. - Engine 6/Battalion 1
- Buena Vista Sta. #7: 100 Arbor Rd. @ Country Club Rd. (Bays face Country Club Rd.) - Rescue 1/Rescue 3/Safety 7
- Wake Forest Sta. #8: 2457 Reynolda Rd. @ Woodberry Dr. (Bays face Woodberry Dr.) - Engine 8/Battalion 3
- Ogburn Avenue Sta. #9: 4685 Ogburn Ave. between Motor Rd. & Dawson St. - Engine 9
- Country Club West Sta. #10: 4700 Country Club Rd. @ Jonestown Rd. - Engine 10
- Parkview Sta. #11: 2745 Waughtown St. @ Cole Rd. (aka County Route 2699) - Engine 11
- Sta. #12: 3620 New Walkertown Rd. (aka US-311) between Northampton Dr. & Solon St. - Engine 12/HazMat 1
- Shattalon North Sta. #14: 5754 Shattalon Dr. (aka County Route 1686) between University Pkwy. & Sturmer Park Cir. - Engine 14/Ladder 14
- Old Town Sta. #15: 4548 Shattalon Dr. (aka County Route 1393) between Crosland Rd. & Oakwood Cir. - Engine 15
- Southwest Sta. #16: 1701 Pope Rd. between Haymount St. & Silver Chase Ln. - Engine 16
- Sta. #17: 4295 Old Greensboro Rd. @ Allen Dr. - Engine 17
- Robert S. Northington Jr. Sta. #18: 1505 N. Peace Haven Rd. @ York Rd. - Engine 18/Ladder 18
- Sta. #19: 4430 Glenn Hi Rd. @ Crossfield Dr. - Engine 19
- Koger Sta. #20: 5991 Koger Ln. @ Bethania-Rural Hall Rd. - Engine 20/Rescue 2
- Maint. Div.: 761 Palmer Ln. between E. Clemmonsville Rd. & Rothrock St.
Kernersville Fire-Rescue Stations / Front-line Apparatus (WPFG437)
- Sta. #41 (HQ) - 316 W. Bodenhamer St. (aka State Route 66) @ Nelson St. - Engine 41, Truck 41, Battalion 41
- Sta. #42 - Engine 42, Safety 42
- Current Sta. - 1180 State Route 66 S. @ Park Centre Dr.
- Former Sta. - 1385 South Park Dr. between Angel Rd. & Spectra Ct.
- Sta. #43 - 2050 W. Mountain St. @ Nandina Ln. - Engine 43, Squad 41
- Sta. #44 - 1528 Teague Rd. @ Salem Crossing Rd. - Engine 44
Forsyth County EMS
The EMS Division of Forsyth County Emergency Services is 24-hr paramedic-level service operating from multiple locations across Forsyth County. FCEMS is a 9-1-1-only service and does NOT handle convalescent transports. Those types of transport are handled by two private EMS providers (NuCare Carolina Ambulance, Inc., and LifeStar Emergency Services). The private providers respond to BLS 9-1-1 calls as requested by Communications (a/k/a "Control").
When a call requires both fire and EMS response, units are switched to "Med TAC 1" (TG 33904) so to be able to communicate with responding fire units.
Forsyth County EMS Stations (Some have numbers, some do not)
- Liberty St. Sta. #6 - E. 29th St. between Brookwood Business Park Dr. & Piedmont Cir.,Winston-Salem (Formerly Winston-Salem R/S and sits at the following coordinates: 36.127416/-80.232550)
- Sta. #8 (HQ) - 911 E. Fifth St. between Highland Ave. & Metropolitan Dr.,Winston-Salem
- Code 1 - 3333 Silas Creek Pkwy. (aka State Route 67) between S. Hawthorne Rd. & Hanes Mall Blvd.,Winston-Salem (Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center)
- Code 2 - EMS Quarters at Baptist Hospital
- Amp Dr. Sta. - 6311 Amp Dr. @ Eagle Ln.,Clemmons
- Patterson Ave. Sta. - 4255 N. Patterson Ave. between Patterson Center Ct. & Uncle Franks Ct.,Winston-Salem (Sta. sits at the following coordinates: 36.171512/-80.263124)
- Triangle Sta. - 3620 Kernersville Rd. between Martindale Rd. & Victoria Village Ln.,Winston-Salem (Formerly Triangle V.F.D.)
- Sta. #20 - 5191 Robinhood Rd. between Meadowlark Dr. & Castle Dr.,Winston-Salem (Shared w/Vienna V.F.D. - Sta. #2)
- Sta. #21 - 6328 Yadkinville Rd. (aka County Route 1525) between Vienna-Dozier Rd. & Lewisville-Vienna Rd. (aka County Route 1308),Pfafftown (Shared w/Vienna V.F.D. - Sta. #1)
- Sta. #22 - 5225 Main St. (aka US-311) between Depot St. & Leake St.,Walkertown (Shared w/Walkertown V.F.D.)
- Sta. #23 - 177 Rural Hall-Germantown Rd. (aka State Route 65) @ College St.,Rural Hall (Shared w/Rural Hall Vol. F/R)
- Sta. #27 - 7975 Reynolda Rd. (aka State Route 67) between Turner Rd. & Joyce Norman Rd. (aka County Route 1467),Pfafftown (Shared w/Old Richmond Vol. F/R)
- Sta. #28 - 4401 High Point Rd. (aka County Route 1003) @ Watkins Ford Rd.,Kernersville (Shared w/Union Cross V.F.D.)
- Sta. #41 - 316 W. Bodenhamer St. (aka State Route 66) @ Nelson St.,Kernersville (Shared w/Kernersville F/R Dept. Sta. #41)
EMS Unit IDs (Includes personal as well as vehicles):
- 800 - Medical Support Unit (MSU) (Rolls on MCIs, structure fires, etc.)
- Bus 1 - MCI Bus
- MIH 1-3 - Medics in Home (handles non-emergency patient care/follow up in home but will sometimes answer emergency calls)
- Transport Units - 2-digit numbers ranging from "14" to "37". Formerly, the units at Walkertown, Clemmons, Rural Hall and Mt. Tabor had numbers corresponding to their stations. Nowadays, units are rotated frequently, so any unit is liable to be at any station.
- 501 - Director of Emergency Services (Colonel)
- 802 - EMS Operations Manager (Lt. Colonel)
- 803 - Retired (Former Medical Director, Dr. Lew Stringer)
- 804 - On-Duty Shift Captain
- 805 - On-Duty Shift Lieutenant
- 806 - Admin/Compliance Officer (Major)
- 807 - Quality Management Coordinator
- 808/809/810/811 - Training Officers
- 812 - Equipment Officer
- 813/814 - Equipment Division
- 815 - On Duty Shift Sergeant/or office assistant to Shift Capt. & Lt.
- 890s series - Medical Direction field IDs
- 898 - System Medical Director
- 202/205/233 - NuCare Carolina dedicated 9-1-1 BLS Units
- LifeStar 1/2 - LifeStar Emergency Services dedicated 9-1-1 BLS Units
- Wake Forest University ERT - Non-transport student first responders for emergencies on campus.
NuCare Carolina Amb. Inc.
- Current Sta. - 141 Salem Creek Dr. between Griffith Rd. & Dead End,Winston-Salem
- Former Sta. - 971 Salisbury Ridge Rd. between Buchanan St. & Peters Creek Pkwy.,Winston-Salem (WQIZ856)
Defunct Fire/Rescue Departments in Forsyth County
- Sta. #3 - Kernersville Rescue Squad - 209 Orr St. between N. Cherry St. & Church St. (No longer operating in Forsyth County - medical response and rescue handled solely by K.R.F.D. & Sta. has been torn down)
- Sta. #4 - Southeast Winston Rescue Squad - 2640 New Walkertown Rd. (aka US-311) across from Dellabrook Rd.,Winston-Salem (Folded after W.S.F.D. took over medical response within city limits)
- Sta. #6 - Winston-Salem Rescue Squad - E. 29th St. between Brookwood Business Park Dr. & Piedmont Cir. (Sta. sits at the following coordinates: 36.127416/-80.232550 & Disbanded in 2010. Now houses F.C.E.M.S. Sta. #6)
- Sta. #7 - Forsyth Rescue Squad - 1499 Old Salisbury Rd. (aka County Route 3011) between Brewer Rd. & Gyro Rd.,Winston-Salem (KIK467/WPCC728) (Similar fate to Sta. 4. Also had rescue district in Sta 15's fire district, who assumed medical response and rescue duties after Sta. #7 closed)
- Sta. #16 - Triangle V.F.D. - 3260 Kernersville Rd. between Martindale Rd. & Victoria Village Ln.,Winston-Salem (Closed in 2004. All of this department's district was annexed by Winston-Salem. Station was inside city limits at time of closing. After folding, equipment was distributed to other departments in county. Sta. now houses F.C.E.M.S. Triangle Sta.)
- Sta. #19 - Forest Hill V.F.D. - 4619 N. Cherry St. between Athens Dr. & Melody Ln.,Winston-Salem (KIQ204) (Closed in 2004. All district had been annexed by City of Winston-Salem. Department merged with South Stokes V.F.D. in Stokes County, moved to Stokes County, and became Stokes Sta 19. Older equipment remains at their former station on N. Cherry St. in Winston-Salem)
- Mt. Tabor V.F.D. - 4140 Robinwood Rd. across from Shattalon Dr.,Winston-Salem (KIP969) ***(Dept. has Disbanded)***
City of Winston-Salem Police Department
Winston-Salem Police dispatch is known as KLS
The Winston-Salem Police department utilizes three dispatch channels for each district. A link to a map showing WSPD districts and beats can be found below.
- Ch. 1 - TG 37744 - District 1 - Northern Winston-Salem
- Ch. 2 - TG 37776 - District 2 - Eastern Winston-Salem (East of US-52)
- Ch. 3 - TG 37808 - District 3 - Western Winston-Salem (West of US-52)
- Ch. 5 - TG 37968 - Used for records and other information requests
- Ch. 6 - TG 38448 - Used as a conference channel for conversations between officers so as not to tie up the Dispatch Talk groups
- Ch. 7 - TG 37840 - District 1 (North-side) - Car-to-car
- Ch. 8 - TG 37872 - District 2 (East of US-52) - Car-to-car
- Ch. 9 - TG 37904 - District 3 (West of US-52) - Car-to-car
Winston-Salem Police Department response codes
- Code 1 - Emergency. Units are dispatched immediately.
- Code 2 - Urgent but not emergent. Units dispatched within 10 minutes.
- Code 3 - Calls without threat to life or property / subject is no longer on scene. Units usually dispatched within 45 minutes.
- Code 4/5/6/9 - Calls not requiring units to respond and can be handled via phone.
Winston-Salem Police Department 10-codes
An official link to the Winston-Salem PD 10-Codes can be found here: http://www.cityofws.org/departments/police/radio-codes
- 10-0 Use Caution
- 10-1 Weak Signal
- 10-2 Good Signal
- 10-3 Stop Transmitting
- 10-4 Affirmative
- 10-5 Relay to/from
- 10-6 Busy
- 10-7 Out of Service
- 10-8 In Service
- 10-9 Say Again
- 10-10 Negative
- 10-11 Employee Number
- 10-12 Stand By
- 10-13 Weather Conditions
- 10-14 Message / Information
- 10-15 Message Delivered
- 10-16 Reply to Message
- 10-17 Enroute
- 10-18 Urgent
- 10-19 In Contact
- 10-20 Location
- 10-21 Call by phone
- 10-22 Disregard
- 10-23 Arrived at Scene
- 10-24 Assignment Completed
- 10-25 Report to ______
- 10-26 ETA
- 10-27 Drivers License Inquiry
- 10-28 Vehicle Inquiry
- 10-29 Records Check
- 10-30 Danger
- 10-31 Pick-up
- 10-32 ____ Units Needed
- 10-33 Need Immediate Assistance
- 10-34 Current Time
- 10-40 Fight in Progress
- 10-41 Beginning Tour of Duty
- 10-42 Ending Tour of Duty
- 10-43 In Pursuit
- 10-44 Riot
- 10-45 Bomb Threat
- 10-46 Bank Alarm
- 10-47 Complete Assignment Quickly
- 10-48 Detaining Suspect, Expedite
- 10-49 Drag Racing
- 10-50 Vehicle Accident, PD, PI, F
- 10-51 Dispatch Wrecker
- 10-52 Dispatch Ambulance
- 10-53 Road Blocked
- 10-54 Hit and Run Accident, PD, PI, F
- 10-55 Intoxicated Driver
- 10-56 Intoxicated Pedestrian
- 10-57 Request BT Operator
- 10-58 Direct Traffic
- 10-59 Escort
- 10-60 Suspicious Vehicle
- 10-61 Stopping Suspicious Vehicle
- 10-62 B&E in Progress
- 10-63 Prepare to Receive an Assignment
- 10-64 Crime in Progress
- 10-65 Armed Robbery
- 10-66 Notify Medical Examiner
- 10-67 Report of Death
- 10-68 Livestock in Roadway
- 10-69 Advise Telephone Number
- 10-70 Improper Parked Vehicle
- 10-71 Improper Use of Radio
- 10-72 Prisoner in Custody
- 10-73 Mental Subject
- 10-74 Prison/Jail Break
- 10-75 Wanted or Stolen
- 10-76 Prowler
- 10-77 Direct Traffic at Fire Scene
- 10-80 Fire Alarm
- 10-81 Nature of Fire
- 10-82 Fire in Progress
- 10-83 Smoke Visible
- 10-84 No Smoke Visible
- 10-85 Respond without Blue Lights/Siren
Winston-Salem Police Department Districts and Beats
Smith Reynolds Airport (KINT)
Welcome to the Smith Reynolds Airport (KINT) aviation section of this article, the airport located in Forsyth County, North Carolina.
Related Wiki Pages