Illinois Railroads (IL)
From The RadioReference Wiki
9/30/14 - (from a CARMA contributor) - The source of the frequently reported interference on AAR Channel 73 (161.205 MHz) has been located. It is the Norfolk Southern Railroad transmitting from a 180 foot tower with 280 watts ERP located at Columbus Avenue and Maplewood Avenue in Chicago. It is used by the NS Police, the channel is NXDN and it is encrypted. I can hear the channel as far west as Oswego and north in Buffalo Grove and beyond.
Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter Railroad Corporation (NEIRC)
- The 495-mile Metra system serves 230 stations in the counties of Cook, DuPage, Lake, Will, McHenry and Kane.
- Website http://www.metrarail.com/
Metra Commuter Rail
Metra Police / Public Safety
- Metra History - http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/about_metra/leadership/metra_history/southwest_servicehistory.html
- Travelers Information Stations on 1630 AM located in: University Park (Will), Naperville (Du Page), Mokena (Will), Northfield (Cook), Roselle (Du Page)
- 457.375 RM 151.4 PL Metra Old Mobile Extenders (No longer used) FM Deprecated
- WPCT556 - Chicago Union Station: add 160.170 and 161.265 repeaters, 161.565 portables and 173.325 mobiles.
- KNFX766 - Licensed for multiple other frequencies at the Lumber Street yard in Chicago
- WQLD446 - Bases on 218.425, 218.725, 218.775 (NFM Digital / NXDN Data)
Chicago Union Station
- WQRC885 461.7375, 464.4625 4w ERP repeaters (NFM, DMR)
Northeast IL Regional Commuter Railroad Corporation (METRA)
- WQXZ480 150.8900 (repeats 153.5150) (NFM, NXDN) - at Chicago Union Station
- WPLG303 Corwith Yard (3526 W 43rd St, Chicago) - 461.250, 464.275 repeaters (NFM, NXDN)
- BNSF Agents have two talkgroups on STARCOM21 with statewide access on both talkgroups. One is used for day to day operations and the other is a TAC channel used for special details, etc.
- All Agents at BNSF have VHF/UHF radios (either APX7000s or a UHF portable). Those radios have all 13 Zones and 7 Citywide frequencies. Most often you will hear BNSF on Zone 6 or Zone 10. The UHF radios have many other municipalities who are on UHF. In addition, the UHF radios have Metro 1-6, the U-TAC channels and a few CTA frequencies.
- The VHF portables have ISPERN, IREACH, ESMARN, local municipalities, the VHF Interop channels, the three fireground channels and of course the 97 AAR channels.
- BNSF also has a VHF repeater on 161.205 but it is not used much anymore since the NS Police are also on that frequency with their powerhouse transmitter on NXDN.
- CSX Police is using STARCOM21 talkgroups 35105-35108 (2/2022)
- WRDW886 457.425 portables (40 kmra Bedford Park), 454.000 repeater (2101 W 59th St, Chicago - 5w) - both NFM
Union Pacific Railroad
Global 1 Intermodal Facility (1425 S. Western Avenue, Chicago)
- WRCF791 - 463.300 repeater (D703): H&M International Transportation: Terminal Operations?
Proviso Yard, Global II Intermodal Facility (Northlake, IL)
- WRMP987 - 160.815 repeater (28w ERP), repeats 160.410 (NFM, NXDN)
Dakota, Minnesota and Eastern Railroad
- WPMF611 161.3475 (repeats 160.5075) at Pingree Grove, Davis Junction and Harper IL
- WPMF610 161.3475 (repeats 160.5075) at Savanna IL
- WQXQ542 161.3475 (repeats 160.5075) at Genoa IL