This is the RadioReference.com Open Reference Source. Please feel free to share your knowledge by contributing information. We currently have 10,256 articles in this wiki.
If you are new to this site or scanning in general, please see the following:
Location Specific Info
Frequency and other pages built by our members
- Related information
- Scanner Laws If you have questions about the legal aspects of scanning, read this.
- RR Wiki Extensions - are a set of custom tags that can be used on the Wiki.
Antennas and Accessories
Anything from mounts, stands, battery packs and more
RR Admin and Special Services
- Subscription Services and additional features available to paid subscribers
- RadioReference.com Web Service is a SOAP interface to all of the information in the RR Database. See this link for more details.
- RadioReference API - Display RadioReference data on your own Web pages
- RR CD Apr2009 - Data from RR is now available to you even if you are offline.
- Live Audio - RR hosts 1500 different feeds; learn about them here NEW
- ACARS - Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System; hints and software.
- ALE - also known as MIL-STD 188-141A, it's in heavy use by the military and diplomatic services and even hams
- Amateur Radio Gear - Often now has widebanded receive sections; useful as a backup scanner in some places
- Common Frequencies in use across the US and Canada can be found here.
- Connecting Radios to Soundcards How to set up Windows to accept audio via a soundcard - for various decoding and manipulation applications
- Digital Voice descriptions Different digital voice encoding and descriptions
- DMA Radios Hints and Kinks - Hints and fixes for the new Uniden DMA Radios
- Encryption Methods and descriptions
- Modifications - Always a popular topic; add functions to your scanner or receiver
- Natural Events and Disasters - Topics on monitoring public safety and other communications during natural disasters and other natural events. (Skip and Tropo NOT included.)
- Object Oriented Scanners - Articles on the new scanners from GRE and RS
- Personal Radio Services - GMRS, FRS, etc.
- Programming FAQs and Tips - Helpful tips, FAQs and shortcuts for programming your scanner
- Propagation - Radio and TV signals can travel further than just line of sight. To understand how, take a look here
- Rebanding A detailed article on the reallocation of services within the 800 Mhz spectrum, and the major effect it will have on trunktracking scanners.
- RR Glossary - An index of terminology often used on RR
- Special Events - Document air shows, fairs, music festivals - if it uses radios, put the frequencies here.
- Sports Frequencies
- SWL Broadcast You want to hear what other overseas broadcasters say about us? Start here
- Utility Monitoring There's lots more on HF besides hams, CB and broadcasters