Medics Ambulance Service
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 13:08, 9 June 2015 by QDP2012 (updated categories)
Medics Ambulance Service was started in 1982, with one ambulance and one man's vision to provide healthcare transportation to the residents of Broward County, FL. During the first year of operations, Medics responded to over 500 calls. Currently Medics only operates in South Florida but is looking into expansion into other areas/states.
- In 2001, Medics transported over 21,000 patients.
- In 2002, Medics expanded its operations to include Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties.
- In 2004, Medics implemented Zoll Data's Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
- In 2006, Medics transported over 42,000 patients in the Tri County Area.
- In 2006, Medics implemented a new Global Positioning System (GPS) based Automatic Vehicle Locator (AVL) system.
- January 1 2008: Medics takes over emergency zones in Palm Beach County
- In 2008, Medics transported over 75,000 patients
- In 2009 Medics transported close to 90,000 patients
- In 2010, Medics transported over 90,000 patients
Today, Medics is one of two ambulance companies licensed to provide ambulance services to the residents of Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties.
Medics will transport stable patients by ground anywhere in the United States.
Medics Ambulance Service offers the following levels of transport for our patients:
- Critical Care Transport (CCT):Patients requiring portable ventilator services during transport.
- Critical Care Transport Level 2 (CCT-2):Patients requiring CPAP/BIPAP machine during transport.
- Specialty Care Transport (SCT):Patients requiring precise administration of medications through IV pumps.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS):Patients requiring drugs or cardiac monitor during transport.
- Basic Life Support (BLS):Patients requiring basic medical attention during transport.
- Non Medical Stretcher (NMS):Patients requiring NO medical attention during transport.
Company website can be found here ---> Medics Ambulance Service