Michigan MilAir Reference
From The RadioReference Wiki
- 1 Military Air Bases in Michigan
- 2 Military Operations Areas (MOA)
- 3 Flying Units Stationed in Michigan
- 4 Units that fly frequently in Michigan
- 5 Michigan MilAir Frequencies
- 6 References
Military Air Bases in Michigan
- Selfridge Air National Guard Base (S.A.N.G.B); Mt. Clemens, MI
- Battle Creek Air National Guard Base; Battle Creek,MI
- Alpena Combat Readiness Training Center; Alpena, MI
Military Operations Areas (MOA)
- Steelhead- Northern part of Michigan's thumb.
- Minnow- Over Lk. Michigan between Sheboygan, WI and Ludington, MI.
- Hersey (formerly Chippewa)- Between Big Rapids, Evart, and Mt. Pleasant.
- Pike East & Pike West- Both north of Port Austin to Cheboygan.
- Big Bear and Ontonagon- Located in the western portion of the U.P., near the Keweenaw penninsula.
Wondering when your local MOA is active? http://sua.faa.gov/sua/Welcome.do
FAA restricted airspace- http://tfr.faa.gov/tfr2/list.html
Explanation of Selfridge ANGB Ops http://www.miself.ang.af.mil/Mid_Air_Coll/MACA.pdf
Flying Units Stationed in Michigan
Army National Guard
Detachment 1, Company G, 185th Aviation
Air National Guard
Air Force Reserve
Units that fly frequently in Michigan
Michigan MilAir Frequencies
Alpena County Regional Airport Alpena CRTC
Airport information http://www.airnav.com
Military aircraft callsigns http://www.henney.com/chm/callsign.htm
Military aircraft tail codes http://www.af.mil/news/airman/0105/64_Tails.pdf
The Michigan Airport Directory
FAA Mil Ops publication- http://www.faa.gov/ATPubs/MIL/
The helpful users of the RR.com forums