Object Oriented Scanner Software
From The RadioReference Wiki
The following packages are known to work with the GRE and RS object oriented scanners. The best place to find support for this software is the associated Yahoo group; however, the authors for ARC500, Win500, PSREdit and ID Tracker can also be found on the Software forum.
- This software has a provision for remote control with PSRCtrl500, which is part of the program archive
- PSREdit Yahoo group
- Scan Control
- This software just recently started supporting these scanners with version 7.0. It is anticipated that record functions will be added in future versions.
- Scan Control Yahoo group
- ID Tracker II
- While this software is not a programming package, it will record audio and accumlate logs of activity. Freeware
- For tips on connecting scanner audio to a PC, please see our Connecting Radios to Soundcards article
Making the Connection
A major difference from other scanners is that the connection to the PC is made via USB, and not a serial cable. The RS scanners do not supply
this cable as part of the accessories, but there are places to obtain them. Please see the Connecting scanners via USB article for tips
on installation and common problems and resolution.
- USB suppliers
- GRE website
- Part number: GRE P/N: 30-3290
- RS website
- SKU: 20-047
- Place additional manufacturers and supplier here
Return to the GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanners FAQ