Difference between revisions of "PSR-600"
From The RadioReference Wiki
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
GRE COM PSR-600 scanning receiver
GRE COM PSR-600 scanning receiver
The PSR-600 is manufactured by GRE in China. The PSR-600 is very similar to the handheld version of the [[PSR-500]] and [[Pro-197]]. It uses the same
The PSR-600 is manufactured by GRE in China. The PSR-600 is very similar to the handheld version of the [[PSR-500]] and [[Pro-197]]. It uses the same software and cables.
Revision as of 12:33, 16 July 2010
|Frequency (MHz)||Step Size Value|
|470-512 Original||12.5 kHz|
|470-512 CPU V-1.7||6.25 kHz|
- Object oriented memory management. See the Object Oriented Scanning Described article for more information
- Built in discriminator data output in simple ASCII output using the PC/IF port
- Object programmable LED; eight factory default colors to any color / brilliance you want by having direct access to the R-G-B drive values (including flash) to assign to talkgroups, frequencies, agencies, etc.
- LATCH option; the color of the last received object stays on until reset.
- Motorola Smartzone systems
- Scanner option to look for the site with the best received CC decode rate.
(Not the same as RSSI on the Motorola rigs, but similar in operation.)
- Favorites Scan List; create a scan list tailored to your favorite object setiings.
One button operation to get to this set.
- Spectrum Sweeper Near field frequency capture
- Triple conversion
- Virtual Scanner Memory Management system; One copy of working memory can hold up to 1800 objects, meaning any combination of talkgroups, conventional channels, and trunking systems. Each V-Scanner folder holds one copy of working memory. So, 21 * 1800 = about 37,800 objects altogether can be stored in the V-Scanner storage system.
- Preprogrammed for most major metropolitan areas
- Scan rate 60 CPS
- Search speed 90 CPS
- User defined service search and limit search
- Direct Tune mode
- TCXO for frequency stability
- Default Option keys; return to defalt setting for any menu
- Digital AGC
- Adaptive digital tracking (ADT)
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- CTCSS/DCS abilities
- Network Access Code can be programmed to only break squelch when receiving the correct NAC in a conventional P25 system.
- 16-character alpha-tagging with text entry can show ID code or service name
- L/O talkgroup ID or frequency
- ID delay
- UNSQUELCH Delay; Delay settings before the radio unmutes audio to speaker
- Motorola Control Channel Only trunking
- I-Calls, possibly displayed as hex as mentioned at Dayton Hamvention 07'
- 700MHz and 380MHz Trunk Scanning
- Easy-to-read back lit control and display with back lit keypad
- 6 search ranges/ 1 user definable search range
- Search "seek" feature
- Tunes virtually all important bands—local marine, fire/police, Ham, CB, VHF-air, UHF-Air, racing, weather and more
- Weather band with enhanced SAME Weather Alert functions and weather priority—access weather channels and alerts with the push of a button
- Skywarn can be programmed with any number of "objects"
- "Multiple" Priority channels
- Zeromatic search tuning
- 20 dB attenuator
- Computer interface and Programming (with computer control)
- 3 function keys; softkeys, that when pressed, execute the function that is shown just above the key in the display
- 5 way navigation keys to access special modes and programming options
- 4 line x 16 character display with relitive signal strength meter
- Mobile/base design with DIN-E in-dash mounting (requires separate installation kit for your vehicle)
- BNC connector
- A cloning cable may be fabricated using 2 - 1/8 inch stereo plugs and shielded cable.
See the Object Oriented Scanning tips article for more information
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- LTR Standard
- Project 25 Standard
- System Voices:
- Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
- APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
- Mobile bracket (DIN-E kit sold separately)
- USB high speed interface cable
- Preprogrammed Frequency addendum
- CDROM with PDF owners manual, USB interface drivers, demo PC application and V-Scanner data
- AC adapter
- DC wire harness
- Stock pull-up antenna
- Please see the Connecting scanners via USB article for USB cables to connect your PC to the scanner
- V-scanner load time of 4 seconds. (PRO-96/2096 load time is ~15 seconds.)
FCC Type Acceptance
GRE America Support
Control and Monitoring Software
See the Object Oriented Scanner Software article for more information
- RadioReference Links
- GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanners FAQ
- Compare the PSR-600 to other digital models
Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (receiver support)
Return to the GRE Radios page