Popular Software for GRE Scanners
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 10:52, 15 March 2016 by Ka3jjz
When you are a newcomer, and want to use software to program and/or back up the contents of your scanner, the natural question is 'which is the best'? While it's always true that the 'best' software is in the eye of the user, generally speaking there are some packages that are much more popular than others.
Scancat Lite Plus has been visible for awhile now, and supports the new GRE scanners. However, as documented on several occasions in the various RR forums, it's not the best choice, in most cases. This article lists the most popular packages, by scanner, in use by RR members.
These packages support connecting to the RadioReference database and downloading data directly. To enable this function you must have a premium subscription which you can read about in the link.
|GRE Scanner||Whistler Scanner||Software|
- PSR-100 and 200 conventional programming only supported
- There are no Mac-native solutions for programming. See this article from Scanner Master for alternatives.
- For the PSR-300 and PSR-400 please see the PSR-300/400 Software and USB Support article.
- For the PSR-310, PSR-410, PSR-500, PSR-600, Whistler WS1040 and WS1065 please see the Object Oriented Scanner Software article.
- For the PSR-700, PSR-800 and Whistler WS1080 or WS1095, go to the GRE/RS PC Object Oriented FAQ
- ARCxxx programs are available from the BuTel homepage. They are sold through Scanner Master, and are qualified for Special RadioReference/RS Licensing