From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 20:15, 6 January 2012 by Ka3jjz
The Pro-106 is manufactured for Radio Shack by GRE America Inc.
The Radio Shack is a Digital Trunk Tracking scanner which boasts the ability to track APCO 25 digital trunking systems, in addition to following Motorola type I/II systems, LTR and EDACS trunking systems. It is very similar to the GRE PSR-500.
The Pro-106 is functionally identical to the PSR-500 and uses the same software and cables. Firmware updates are NOT compatible between this radio and the GRE PSR-500 though.
Note: Testing has shown that the frequency range 796.9975 to 805.9975 MHz is blocked on this scanner.
- 1 Included Accessories
- 2 Recommended accessories (Not included with the radio)
- 3 Discriminator Tap
- 4 Related Pages
- 5 Upgrades
- 6 Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (receiver support)
- 7 eBay Listings
- Printed Owner's Manual
- Black non-rechargeable battery holder
- Yellow rechargable battery holder
- Belt clip
Recommended accessories (Not included with the radio)
- RS #273-355 9VDC/ 800mA AC Adapter
- RS #273-369 9-Volt Vehicle DC-to-DC Adapter
- RS #273-336 Adaptaplug C - Needed for the above adapters
- RS #20-283 Radio Shack 800MHz handheld antenna
- Replacement Belt clip - Radio Shack RSU part number 12418273. Cost is $3.49 each plus shipping. See your local Radio Shack store to order.
- Please see the Connecting scanners via USB article for USB cables to connect your PC to the scanner
- There is also a built in data dump which can be enabled with "CCDump" in the Func-Global "super expert" menu which may meet many users needs when used with 3rd party software which already supports this data. When CCDump = "Yes" most control channel and weather SAME data is dumped to the PC/IF port for use with the USB cable. This may save soldering and warranty issues for most users.
- Radio Shack Pro-106 Support Links
- Digital Trunking Scanner (V-Scanner Preprogrammed Data)
- Digital Trunking Scanner (Special Global Menu)
- PRO-106 Digital Trunking Handheld Scanner (Quick Start Guide)
- PRO-106 Digital Trunking Handheld Scanner (User's Guide-Manual)
- RadioReference Links
- Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner
- Compare the Pro-106 to other digital models
- Can be updated to support Rebanding? YES
- See Sections 7.1 and 7.2 of the Rebanding article for the firmware and software links
Display Current Firmware Level
You can check the firmware version levels by pressing '3' while the scanner's powerup Welcome Message is displayed.
A sample output:
- uP App Ver: RF1.9
- DSP AppVer: RF1.4
- DSP VocVer: RF1.0
CPU 1.9 Upgrade
CPU 1.9 fixes
- Pressing the ATT key during scanning while on a CONV object causes the object to be stored to EEPROM immediately. This eliminates the possibility of the ATT status change being lost due to a Priority check
CPU 1.8 and DSP 1.4 Upgrades
These update utilities have complete update information included; just download and run them -- it's easy.
CPU 1.8 fixes
- Adds patch support for P25, Motorola and EDACS trunking
- Changes CCDump type string to "EDn" if "narrow invert" is turned on
- Corrects LCD “mirror image” issue
DSP 1.4 fixes
- Minimizes the possibility of a previous NAC displayed on a new transmission.
Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (receiver support)
Return to the Radio_Shack_Scanners page