From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 17:15, 7 January 2012 by Ka3jjz
The Pro-106 is manufactured for Radio Shack by GRE America Inc.
The Radio Shack is a Digital Trunk Tracking scanner which boasts the ability to track APCO 25 digital trunking systems, in addition to following Motorola type I/II systems, LTR and EDACS trunking systems. It is very similar to the GRE PSR-500.
The Pro-106 is functionally identical to the PSR-500 and uses the same software and cables. Firmware updates are NOT compatible between this radio and the GRE PSR-500 though.
Note: Testing has shown that the frequency range 796.9975 to 805.9975 MHz is blocked on this scanner.
- Can be updated to support Rebanding? YES
- See Sections 7.1 and 7.2 of the Rebanding article for the firmware and software links
- Printed Owner's Manual
- Black non-rechargeable battery holder
- Yellow rechargable battery holder
- Belt clip
Recommended accessories (Not included with the radio)
- RS #273-355 9VDC/ 800mA AC Adapter
- RS #273-369 9-Volt Vehicle DC-to-DC Adapter
- RS #273-336 Adaptaplug C - Needed for the above adapters
- RS #20-283 Radio Shack 800MHz handheld antenna
- Replacement Belt clip - Radio Shack RSU part number 12418273. Cost is $3.49 each plus shipping. See your local Radio Shack store to order.
- Please see the Connecting scanners via USB article for USB cables to connect your PC to the scanner
- There is also a built in data dump which can be enabled with "CCDump" in the Func-Global "super expert" menu which may meet many users needs when used with 3rd party software which already supports this data. When CCDump = "Yes" most control channel and weather SAME data is dumped to the PC/IF port for use with the USB cable. This may save soldering and warranty issues for most users.
- Radio Shack Pro-106 Support Links
- Digital Trunking Scanner (V-Scanner Preprogrammed Data)
- Digital Trunking Scanner (Special Global Menu)
- PRO-106 Digital Trunking Handheld Scanner (Quick Start Guide)
- PRO-106 Digital Trunking Handheld Scanner (User's Guide-Manual)
- RadioReference Links
- Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner
- Compare the Pro-106 to other digital models
CPU and DSP Upgrades
- See the Pro-106 and Pro-197 CPU/DSP Upgrades article
Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (receiver support)
Return to the Radio_Shack_Scanners page