From The RadioReference Wiki
The Pro-107 iScan radio is manufactured for Radio Shack by GRE America Inc.
The Radio Shack PRO-107 iScan is a Multi-Trunking scanner which boasts the ability to track Motorola type I/II systems, LTR and EDACS trunking systems using the Radioreference database on an included 2GB Secure Digital card.
The Pro-107 uses the radio control software and a supplied scanner cable. Firmware updates are possible on this radio.
- Rebanding supported? YES-Enter Custom Tables
- See the Related Pages section and the Object Oriented Scanner Software article
|Frequency (MHz)||Step Size Value|
- Object oriented memory management. See the Object Oriented Scanning Described article for more information
- Full duplex support and USB connection using the supplied USB Scanner Data Manager Cable.
- Object programmable LED; factory default colors can be programmed to any color / brilliance you want by having direct access to the R-G-B drive values (including flash) to assign to talkgroups, frequencies, agencies, etc.
- Non need for a traditional keypad, radio uses media player style buttons to navigate to user programmed plylists.
- Motorola Smartzone systems
- Scanner option to look for the site with the best received CC decode rate.
(Not the same as RSSI on the Motorola rigs, but similar in operation.)
- Play List; create a scan list tailored to your favorite object settings from the Radioreference database.
Navigate using the button operations to get to the play list set.
- Signal Stalker II Near field frequency capture
- Triple conversion
- Simple display option will display object and playlist only, or disabled for more detailed display
- SD Preprogrammed with entire USA Radioreference database, additionally can use High Capacity Secure Digital Cards as long as 32kB memory block clusters are used.
- Programmable audible alarms
- Programmable 32 step backlight patterns for visual alert
- Easy-to-read back display and back lit keypad
- Display and keypad backlighting can be turned on or off independently
- Scan rate -Not yet known-
- Search speed -Not yet known-
- User defined service search and limit search
- Direct Tune mode
- CTCSS/DCS abilities
- 16-character alpha-tagging with text entry can show ID code or service name
- Temporary and permanent L/O of talkgroup ID or frequency
- ID delay
- UNSQUELCH Delay; Delay settings before the radio unmutes audio to speaker
- Motorola Control Channel Only trunking
- Radio ID Display
- Priority Object settings
- 6 search ranges/ 1 user definable search range
- Search "seek" feature
- Tunes virtually all important bands—local marine, fire/police, Ham, CB, VHF-air, UHF-Air, racing, weather and more
- Weather band with enhanced SAME Weather Alert functions and weather priority—access weather channels and alerts with the push of a button
- Skywarn list can be programmed with any number of "objects"
- "Multiple" Priority channels
- Zeromatic search tuning
- 20db attenuator, can be set globally
- Computer interface and Programming (with computer control)
- Softkeys, that when pressed, execute the function that is shown just on or by the key in the display
- 9 navigation keys to access special modes and programming options
- 4 line x 16 character display with relative signal strength meter
- Welcome text is programmable
- BNC connector
- Internal battery charger, with power from the supplied PC/IF-USB cable.
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- EDACS ESK (Non-ProVoice)
- LTR Standard
- System Voices:
See the Object Oriented Scanning tips article for more information
- PC-USB Cable
- SD Card Memory (inside the scanner)
- User’s Guide
Recommended accessories (Not included with the radio)
- RS #20-283 Radio Shack 800MHz handheld antenna
- AC USB power adaptor (RadioShack Catalog Number 273-114)
- Car USB power adaptor (RadioShack Online Catalog Number 55026592)
Control and Monitoring Software
See the Object Oriented Scanner Software article for more information
- RadioReference Links
Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (receiver support)
Return to the Radio_Shack_Scanners page