From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 14:07, 9 December 2011 by Davein (→Recommended accessories (Not included with the radio))
The Pro-18 iScan Digital Trunking radio is manufactured for Radio Shack by GRE America Inc.
The Radio Shack PRO-18 iScan is a Multi-Trunking scanner which boasts the ability to track Motorola type I/II systems, LTR, EDACS and P25 systems using the Radioreference database on an included 2GB Micro Secure Digital card.
The Pro-18 uses a proprietary software package and a supplied USB/power cable. Firmware updates are possible on this radio via the PC/IF->USB port.
- 1 General Specifications
- 2 Features found on the GRE PSR-800 Not found on the Pro-18
- 3 Memory Capacity
- 4 RR System Compatibility
- 5 FCC Certification
- 6 Included Accessories
- 7 Recommended accessories (Not included with the radio)
- 8 Related Pages
- 9 Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (receiver support)
- 10 eBay Listings
- Rebanding supported? YES iScan will import tables for identified rebanded systems from the RadioReference database.
|Frequency (MHz)||Step Size Value|
- Dimensions approximately 5 5/16 x 2 1/8” x 1 1/16” (135 x 67 x 28 mm) (HWD)
- Weight approximately 7.4 oz. (210g) without accessories and batteries
- Operating voltage
- DC 4.8 Volts (“AA” cell x 4pcs. Ni-MH Batteries)
- DC 6 Volts (“AA” cell x 4pcs. ALKALINE Batteries)
- Ext. power and charge voltage USB Power (DC 5V 500mA)
- Object oriented memory management. See the Object Oriented Scanning Described article for more information
- Object capacity (Nominal, with 2 GB MicroSD Card): > 10 million, varies depending on user configuration
- Number of conventional channels, trunked systems, sites-per-system, and talkgroups-per-system limited only by available file space on the SD Card
- Full duplex support and USB device connection using the supplied USB Cable. It will access the microSD card in the radio for file manipulation.
- Object programmable display alert (including multi-pattern flashing) to assign to talkgroups, frequencies, agencies, etc.
- Non need for a traditional keypad, radio uses media player style buttons to navigate to user programmed playlists.
- 100 Play Lists; create a scan list tailored to your favorite object settings from the Radioreference database.
Navigate using the button operations to get to the play list set.
- Signal Stalker II Near field frequency capture
- Triple conversion
- Simple display option will display object and playlist only, or disabled for more detailed display
- MicroSD preprogrammed with entire USA Radioreference database, additionally can use High Capacity Micro Secure Digital Cards as long as 32kB memory block clusters are used.
- Programmable audible alarms
- Easy-to-read back display and back lit keypad
- Display and keypad backlighting can be turned on or off independently
- Scan rate 75 channels per second (non trunking)
- Search speed 85 channels per second
- CTCSS/DCS abilities with search, Store of a tone is via Select/Play keypress and save in Menu.
- 16-character alpha-tagging with text entry can show ID code or service name
- Temporary and permanent L/O of talkgroup ID or frequency
- 2 second default delay can be set from 0 to 60 Sec. on conventional and trunked.
- Motorola Control Channel Only trunking
- Private Call and Radio ID Alpha Display
- Priority Object settings (conventional and Trunked)
- 6 search ranges/ 1 user definable search range
- Search "seek" feature
- Tunes virtually all important bands—local marine, fire/police, Ham, CB, VHF-air, UHF-Air, racing, weather and more
- Weather band with enhanced SAME Weather Alert functions and weather priority—access weather channels and alerts with the push of a button
- Skywarn list can be programmed with any number of "objects"
- "Multiple" Priority channels
- Zeromatic search tuning
- 20db attenuator, can be set globally
- Computer interface and Programming
- 9 navigation keys to access special modes and programming options
- 6 line x 16 character display with relative signal strength meter
- BNC connector
- Internal battery charger, with power from the supplied PC/IF->USB cable or an external USB power AC or DC converter.
- PC/IF data output when enabled. Works with analog trunked systems and conventional data. See the Control and monitoring software section.
- Full USB support via PC/IF. Access to microSD card remotely. An SD card reader/adapter is not supplied.
- Programmable Welcome Screen text
- Browsing to objects and pausing on them is supported
- Any microSD Card up to 32GB is supported, as long as it uses 512-byte blocks (I've never seen one that doesn't, though the SD spec allows it) and is formatted correctly:
- 2GB or smaller: FAT16, 32kB clusters
- larger than 2GB: FAT32, 32kB clusters
Features found on the GRE PSR-800 Not found on the Pro-18
- Recording / playback
- 200 scan lists (PRO-18 has 100 play lists)
- Tri-color alert LED
- Discriminator output
- V-Scanner II
- Scan Sets
- Clock display while "off" (and connected to external power)
- Auto power-on ("alarm clock")
- "Extra" audio alert tones (PRO-18 has the 7 from PSR-500; PSR-800 has 8 more)
- Power-on password
- Conventional channels, each in two playlists: 8 million
- Trunked systems, minimum 20 talkgroups per system: 6 thousand
- Trunked systems, every possible talkgroup (~65,000) in every system: 151
- Minimum number of total talkgroups (@ one per system, 6000 systems): 6 thousand
- Maximum number of total talkgroups (@ ~65,000 per system, 151 systems): 9.8 million
- Entire USA RadioReference database imported (including digital): twice
- 100 Scan Lists
In the above, each trunked system has up to 50 sites (though there's no practical limit). All talkgroup numbers presume all systems are "Motorola Type-II" - the system type that a) uses the most space per talkgroup, b) potentially wastes the most space per talkgroup, and c) has the largest number of possible talkgroups. The minimum and maximum numbers of talkgroups are absolutes; actual values depend on system types as well as how talkgroups are distributed among systems and within systems. No "RadioIDs" are included in the above.
In more general terms:
- Conventional channels: limited only by microSD Card space and max FAT32 file size
- Trunked systems: limited only by microSD Card space
- Sites per system: limited only by microSD Card space
- Frequencies per site: fixed at 32 (yes, I know it's too many)
- Talkgroups per system: limited only by microSD Card space, up to maximum for system type
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- EDACS ESK (Non-ProVoice)
- LTR Standard
- Project 25 Standard
- System Voices:
- Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
- APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
- 5" 09080 Rubber Antenna
- A standard USB A to USB Mini-B cable (No PC/IF converter cable needed)
- 2GB MicroSD Card (Inside The Scanner)
- Standard Belt Clip (See GRE Swivel clip below)
- CD-Rom (EZ Scan Digital Software Utility Program)
Recommended accessories (Not included with the radio)
- RS #20-283 Radio Shack 800MHz handheld antenna
- 4385738 USB power adapter
- Car USB power adapter
- MicroSD to SD card adapter
- SanDisk® MobileMate™ Duo
- GRE Swivel belt clip
- Radio Shack Pro-18 Support Links
- RadioReference Links
Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (receiver support)
Return to the Radio Shack Scanners