From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 12:19, 1 April 2007 by Trunker
The Pro-2055 was manufactured for Radio Shack by GRE America Inc
The same scanner as the Pro-97 but as a base/mobile. Trunk tracker three technology. Can use Win97 to program with your computer. Note that due to firmware limitations, computer control is not possible.
This unit can be used as a desktop scanner or mounted in a vehicle.* Alphanumeric display shows ID code or can be programmed with service name. Backlit display and keypad for low-light use. Clones with the popular PRO-97 handheld scanner (#20-527).
Also see the Pro-97 page. All utilities and links listed there also apply to the PRO-2055.
- Rebanding supported? NOT KNOWN It appears that the scanner must be returned to Radio Shack for a logic and display board retrofit 'if' it is to be supported.
- See this article on the Strong Signals website for more information, or 800Reband - WPAScanner Radio Shack Scanner Rebanding Chart that has contradictory information as reported by Monitoring Times, Radio Rumors. The fist link information pertains to the Pro-97; however it is assumed that the support will be applied in a similar manner. More information is required.
- A cloning cable may be fabricated using 2 1/8 inch mono jacks and shielded cable
- 1000-channel memory divided into ten banks lets you store up to 1000 frequencies
- 5 ID lists, 30 IDs per list, 150 IDs per bank
- Adjustable ID delay
- Lock out IDs in 'open' mode
- 150+ most popular national frequencies preprogrammed
- Covers most popular 800MHz triple-trunking police/fire/emergency systems in most metropolitan areas
- UHF, 800, 900, Motorola, LTR, EDACS (GE/Ericsson) capability
- Use as a desktop scanner or mount in, under or on dash of vehicle* with included DIN-E hardware
- Signal stalker II—searches for nearby frequency transmissions within approximately 1000 feet of the radio. Scanner will automatically jump to nearby transmission and display frequency
- Skywarn button—hear storm reports from spotters near your location minutes before they are broadcast on TV or radio. (requires one-time programming of one frequency into memory)
- Weather priority
- 16 character alphanumeric display can display ID code or service name
- Backlit display and keypad
- Clones to another 2055 or the popular PRO-97 handheld scanner—download information on the handheld to the desktop scanner, no need to program separately
- CTCSS/DCS (Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System/Digital Coded Squelch) receive and detect
- 1 priority channel
- Frequencies: 25-54, 108-136.99166, 137-174, 216.0025-225, 225-406, 406-512, 800-960 (except cellular), 1240-1300MHz
- FM/AM/PL/DPL mode, user selectable
- Triple conversion
- 60-channel scan per second, 75-step search per second
- 5, 6.26, 7.5, 8.333, 12.5, 25KHz step (preset by band - not user selectable)
- 50-frequency search skip
- Air, police-fire, Ham, Marine, WX, FRS/GMRS/MURS and CB service search
- WX and SAME alert with FIPS operation—get alerts for only your county (will not alert in SAME mode unless you have entered the FIPS code for your county)
- PC interface
- 20dB attenuator (global or by-channel)
- Lock out, lock out review, delay and reset
- EPPROM memory backup—will not lose programming if power is lost
- Dimensions (LWH): 7.2x5.3x2.2" (18.29x13.46x5.59cm)
- Includes AC and DC adapters for desktop or vehicle* use
- Takes ADAPTAPLUG type "T" for power supply - now discontinued at Radio Shack.
Reviews and User Opinions
Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (software and receiver support)
- PRO-2055 Yahoo group
- PRO-2055-scanner Yahoo group
- p97 Yahoo group (.p97 files)
- Strong Signals GRE Message board
- Strong Signals Radio Shack Message board
- Radio Shack PRO scanners message board
- RadioReference Radio Shack forum
Restoring The 155 Preset Frequencies
- 1. Turn the scanner OFF and then turn ON again.
- 2. When the Multi-system Trunking Scanner appears, press PGM.
- 3. Press 1
Return to Radio Shack Scanners