From The RadioReference Wiki
- Radio Shack discontinued selling the Pro-83 in 2006.
- Pro-83 was manufactured by Uniden.
- Uniden BC92XLT is similiar to the Pro-83
- Rebanding supported? N/A
- 200 channels with 10 banks of 20 channels
- Frequency Coverage: 25-54, 108-136.9875, 137-174, 406-512, 806-823.9375, 851-868.9875, and 896.1125-956 MHz (excluding cellular)
- 5, 6.25, 12.5kHz steps
- Scan rate 50cps?
- Signal Stalker I allows you to "Stalk" and "Scan" simultaneously
- 1 programmable Skywarn channel (#200)
- Weather alert
- 10 search banks
- Service search makes it easy to explore preset frequencies for police, fire, weather, aircraft, marine and amateur radio
- 1 priority channel for each bank
- Orange backlit display and keypad
- PC interface
- 2 AA alkaline/Ni-Cad/Ni-MH batteries
- Earphone jack
- Antenna connection: BNC
- Antenna: Flexible detachable
- Dimensions: Length 2.7 x Height 4.5 x Width 1.3"
- Radio Shack Pro-83 Users Manual (PDF)
- Radio Shack® Pro-83 Keypad Hacks
- Tandy handheld scanners comparison chart (PDF)
Programming Cables and Supporting Software
- Programming Cables
- Radio Shack 20-289 programming cable
- RS 20-047 USB Programming Cable
- Supporting Software
- ARC83 Closed-source, commericial software for the Pro-83 & PRO-84. Demo available.
- Load83 is a freeware program available from the PRO-83 Yahoo Group
- Scancat Lite Plus
Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (software and receiver support)
- PRO83 Owners Yahoo group
- RadioReference Radio Shack forum
- Radio Shack PRO scanners Pro-83 message board
- Strong Signals Radio Shack Message board
Return to Radio Shack Scanners