From The RadioReference Wiki
1000-channel dual-trunking scanner.
The Pro-94A will trunk and scan conventional channels simultaneously unlike the Pro-94. The Pro-94A came out around April of 2000 and scans trunking systems for 1 second instead of 5, and has an auto backlight feature
An updated version of this scanner known as the Pro-94B recently came out and now features a PC/Cloning interface and a much brighter backlight as well.
A cloning cable may be fabricated using 2 1/8inch mono jacks and shielded cable. The recommended cable is the RS Cat #20-289 (now discontinued) or RS Cat #20-487 USB Scanner Programming Cable. See Programming Cables 5.1 http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Pro-94#Programming_Cables.
- Rebanding supported? NO
- 1000 channels with 20 banks of 50 channels (500 channels/10 banks at a time, group A or B)
- Frequency Coverage: 29-54, 108-136.975, 137-174, 216-224.995, 406-512, 806-823.9375, 851-868.9875, 896.1125-956 (excluding cellular) and 1240-1300 MHz
- Extended coverage of 220 MHz and 1,240 MHz ham bands
- Follows VHF, UHF, 800, 900, Motorola I, II, IIi plus EDACS analog trunked police/fire/EMS radio systems.
- Scan rate 50 cps
- AM, FM
- 5, 12.5kHz steps
- 5 ID lists, 10 IDs per list, 50 IDs per bank
- ID delay
- Priority IDs
- Status bits
- 20 priority channels (10-group "A", 10-group "B")
- Service search makes it easy to explore preset frequencies for police, fire, weather, aircraft, marine and amateur radio
- Scanner has built-in NOAA weather alert with level of alert displayed
- Auto backlight (94A/B only)
- Computer interface/control (94B only)
- 10 monitor memories
- Data skip
- 4 AA alkaline/Ni-Cad batteries
- Jacks: Earphone
- Antenna connection: BNC
- Antenna: Flexible detachable
- Dimensions: 6.31 x 2.63 x 1.75"
Reviews and User Opinions
- Easier to Read PRO-94A/B Manual
- Easier to Read PRO-94 Manual
- Radio Shack tutorial on programming trunk systems
- Radio Shack website statement on Rebanding
- Tandy handheld scanners comparison chart(PDF)
- Yahoo group offering a solution to "wired" mode fault in PRO94B.
- Radio Shack Manuals
Programming Cables and Supporting Software
- GRE Scanner Accessories
- Radio Shack 20-289 programming cable (Now Discontinued)
- RS 20-047 USB Programming Cable
Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (software and receiver support)
- PRO94 Owners Yahoo group
- Scancat Yahoo group
- RadioReference Radio Shack forum
- Radio Shack PRO scanners Pro-94 message board
- Strong Signals Radio Shack Message board
Return to Radio Shack Scanners