Receiver Software Applications
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 08:49, 16 October 2020 by Ka3jjz (remove Yahoo groups listing)
Please only list applications that support multiple receivers (not scanners) here, as well as receivers for which we currently don't have an article. Be sure to check the specific receiver article for software dedicated for that radio. Anything in bold has additional ham transceiver related functionality.
As newer PCs don't have serial ports, connections must be made between the radio and the PC through USB. This can present some difficulties in understanding how to configure the connection correctly. Please see our Connecting scanners via USB article for more information.
Software applications for Radio Control
General Coverage/ Wideband Receivers
- For the AOR-8200 and AOR-8600
- Callsign/ScopeStationUltra/HamStationUltra Radio control software for the ICOM IC-R75, Ten Tec Rx320 as well as several ham transceivers (Ten Tec Pegasus and Jupiter, Kenwood TS-2000 and 2000B, Yaesu FT-2000 and FT-450). All applications include station logging, award logging, DX cluster access/logging, beacon monitoring/logging, QRZ look-up, callsign prefix to country indicator, WWV/CHU monitoring, SWL database, grayline display, propagation report, CW keyboard, memory/channel/frequency scanning, spectrum sweeping, sound card audio processing, and wire antenna design tools in addition to each radio's standard features and functions. This software has been consistently in the "Top Rated" list of The DXzone's list of Radio Control Software.
- DriveR8 For the Alinco R8 receiver, SR8/SR9 transceivers
- HF150 Control Program For the Lowe HF-150
- Mscan Meteo Pro
- Supports: Icom, JRC NRD-345/535/545, Lowe HF-150, Quadrad, Ten-Tec RX-320, most Yaesu models
- Supports Icom R75, TenTec RX-350, Yaesu FRG-100, AOR500 and 8500, NRD-535(DG)
- Supports: AOR AR7030, JRC NRD-535, NRD-545, TenTec RX320
- Scannerwear (available from the Icom R-10 Yahoo group)
- Signal Intelligence Inc. Products
- SmartScan (For the Icom R-10 and Yaesu FRG-9600)
- NOTE: This site is written in Italian
- TCL/TK software by Bob Parnass
Other Download Areas
- DRM – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: An introductory article on Digital Radio Mondiale, Software resources, and Modifications