Sentinel (Uniden software)
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 07:08, 21 September 2016 by Ka3jjz
Sentinel is a software package published by Uniden, for programming their HomePatrol-1 & HomePatrol-2 and BCD436HP & BCD536HP lines of scanners, it's freeware, allowing all users to download and try, even before purchase of the scanners. Both version give the user the ability to Update Firmware, Update the Radio Reference Data Base (RRDB), build, create, edit and maintain Favorite List, Systems, Groups, Channels, Frequencies and various other attributes including Services Type to Monitor via the software package for PC (and not MAC click here for ideas) and requiring a free USB port with the included USB A - USB Mini B connection cable and/or a mini-SD card reader.
- There are 2 versions,
- Sentinel for HomePatrol 1 & 2 with a Bearcat Orange Shield Icon.
- Sentinel for BCDx36HP with a Green Shield Icon.
- Sentinel-related articles
- Sentinel User's Guide
- Importing and Exporting Sentinel .hpe Files
- Sentinel .hpe Files Library
- Editing Conventional Favorites List in Sentinel
- Adding a Rebanded System Manually via Sentinel
- Writing Your Own Service Searches Using Sentinel
- Uniden BCDx36HP Quick Keys and Number Tags
- Uniden BCD536HP Related
RH-536HP_mkII was also published by Uniden for the BCD536HP and can be used over Wi-Fi, Note: it never is/was intended as finished product (for consumer use) but can allow limited remote control-ability through local Wi-fi, Serial Connection or USB port or click here for direct download to begin. Audio is via a direct cable or Wi-Fi Audio has to use a third party application like VLC or Proscan to directly address scanner via rtsp://192.168.1.174/au:scanner.au use your local scanners address to receive ("192.168.1.174" is what will need to be changed) 'rtsp:// /au:scanner.au' will remain the same.