Sentinel for the BCD436HP/BCD536HP/SDS100/SDS200
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 08:35, 5 July 2021 by Ka3jjz
Welcome to the Sentinel for the BCD436HP / BCD536HP / SDS100 / SDS200 article. Please post tips, tricks, issues (and hopefully resolutions) here
- Easier to Read Sentinel Guide for the BCD436HP / BCD536HP
- Easier to Read Sentinel Guide for the SDS100 / SDS200
Required: The following firmware versions are required to copy DMR / MOTOTRBO / NXDN. These are paid upgrades and applied (using the front port on the BCD536HP and SDS200) using Sentinel
- To check your firmware version, use Menu / Settings / See Scanner Info in your scanner
Where Can I Get the Software?
- Sentinel for BCD436HP & BCD536HP with a Green Shield Icon. 1
- May need to Run as Administrator under Windows
- I cant get Sentinel to open / start
- Follow these steps
- Be sure Sentinel is not running.
- In Windows Explorer, look for this folder on your computer: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\Uniden
- In that folder, you will see a sub-folder that begins with "BCDx36HP_Sentinel.exe_Url_"
- Delete that entire sub-folder (it contains the "user.config" file).... be sure you are deleting that specific folder.
- Re-start Sentinel... When Sentinel starts, it will re-write a new folder to replace the one that you deleted, and a fresh "user.config" file will be in that folder. That folder does not get deleted when you un-install Sentinel, so if the "user.config" file in there is corrupted, it will still be there when you re-install Sentinel.
- During installation how do I fix this error? "Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."
- Before you do the final step, do this:
- Right-Click on the firmware updater program
- Click Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Check the box to enable "Run in compatibility mode"
- Check the box to enable "Run as Administrator"
- Click "Apply"
- Then do last step.
- Thread on unhandled exceptions
- Do you have the correct Microsoft .net framework installed?
- How do you import a file into Sentinel?
- The file should be in the Documents folder
- In Sentinel, go to the Tools Tab and set the Target Model.
- Go to the File tab and click on Import from hpe file (Favorites List).
- Click on New Favorites List.
- Name the file and click OK.
- Find and highlight the desired file in File Explorer.
- Click Open. Click OK that the file has been imported.
- You should now see the favorites list in Sentinel.
- Go to the Edit tab and click on Edit Favorites List. Highlight what you wish to edit and click OK.
- Click on the Options tab and set the FL Quick Key to 0. Go to the File tab and click Save. Go to the File tab and click Exit.
- Can you import data from another source besides the RR Web servivce?
- Yes, see the Digital Frequency Import to Sentinel
- Can you import .hpe files from the Home Patrol version of Sentinel?
- Yes, but you must allocate your own quick keys and other functions not found on the Home Patrol scanners
- See the Sentinel .hpe Files Library for .hpe files stored in this wiki
- How do you use Sentinel to define a new MOTOTRBO system?
- See the Entering an Unknown MOTOTRBO system using Sentinel article
- Return to Sentinel (Uniden software)