Sentinel for the Home Patrolx
From The RadioReference Wiki
Welcome to the Sentinel for the Home Patrol 1 and 2 article. Please list tips, tricks, issues (and resolutions) here
Where Can I Get the Software?
- Sentinel for HP1 & HP2 with a Bearcat Orange Shield Icon.1
- May need to Run As Administrator under Windows
Operations Issues and Fixes
- I cant get Sentinel to open / start
- Follow these steps
- Be sure Sentinel is not running.
- In Windows Explorer, look for this folder on your computer: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\Uniden
- In that folder, you will see a sub-folder that begins with "HomePatrol_Sentinel.exe_Url_"
- Delete that entire sub-folder (it contains the "user.config" file).... be sure you are deleting that specific folder.
- Re-start Sentinel... When Sentinel starts, it will re-write a new folder to replace the one that you deleted, and a fresh "user.config" file will be in that folder. That folder does not get deleted when you un-install Sentinel, so if the "user.config" file in there is corrupted, it will still be there when you re-install Sentinel.
- I got an error trying to install under Win10 saying that Net framework 2.0 is required
- Go to Settings / Apps / Apps and Features then look at the right for Related Pages.
- Select Programs and Features
- Look for Turn Windows Features On or Off on the left. Selections for .net framework should be at or near the top
- If you need to install .net framework, see this page
- How do I upgrade from version 1.x?
- See the Extreme Update website
- How do I update the master database in Sentinel?
- See the Updating the Master Database in Sentinel article
Conventional Issues and Fixes
- How do I put in service searches as favorites?
- Can I import conventional data from FreeScan into Sentinel?
Related Wiki Articles
- Adding a Rebanded System Manually via Sentinel
- Editing Conventional Favorites List in Sentinel
- Importing and Exporting Sentinel .hpe Files
- Sentinel .hpe Files Library
- Updating the Master Database in Sentinel
- Uniden BCDx36HP Quick Keys and Number Tags
- Writing Your Own Service Searches Using Sentinel
- Return to Sentinel (Uniden software)