Software Support for Uniden Rebanding
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 21:30, 19 January 2016 by QDP2012 (updated categories)
Please use this article to document how to enter the Rebanding changes outlined below in the various software packages that support Uniden scanners.
- If you have a premium subscription, software that supports the web service will download the correct system type and custom tables automatically.
- XT version scanners already have the firmware updates to support rebanding. Non-XT scanners will need to undergo the appropriate firmware updates. These updates are listed here. Note that systems that are true P25 types would not require entry of the table values below, as they should get all the necessary information from the control channel.
|Band Plan||Base Freq (lower)||Base Freq (upper)||Offset||Polarity||Spacing|
The following software packages are known to support rebanding.
- TCL/TK applications
- Note: Reportedly no longer being supported or developed
- BCprogtool requires TCL/TK 8.5
- Windows Applications
- Scan Control (Note: No longer being supported and/or developed)
- BuTel Software
- ARC-XT (XT DMA scanners)
- ARC396 (BCD-396T)
- ARC996 (BCD-996T)
- ARC246 (BC-246) (as of version 3.1)
- ARC15 (BCT15) (as of version 3)
- ARC8 (BCT8) (as of version 2.3)
- ARC330 (BR-330)
- ARC250 (BC796, BC296 - note that the BC250 and 785 cannot be rebanded, although this package supports these radios)
- ARC898 (BC898)
- Unknown Rebanding Support
Additional Information requested...
- Trunkstar All Products
To access this screen, change the site type to Mot Custom/Reband. If you are using the RR Trunk Import, and the rebanded flag has been turned on in the database, FreeScan automatically adds the appropriate values into the table.
- NOTE: Although ProScan supports the BC250/785, rebanding is not supported in these models.
- On the 'Database' Row, click on 'Trunk Bank Settings' (figure 1)
- Fill in the values as shown (figure 2)
- Below the Systems tab, hit 'Add' (figure 1)
- On the System pulldown, select 'MOT 800 Mhz Custom' (figure 2)
- In the System tree, click on the system name. Figure 3 results (partially shown to conserve space)
- Click on the 'Band Plan' button
- Fill in the data as shown (figure 4)
Return to the Uniden DMA FAQ