From The RadioReference Wiki
TETRA is an acronym for TErrestrial Trunked RAdio.
Tetra is an open voice standard developed by the European Telecom Standards Institute (ETSI) and is in use primarally overseas and in Europe. It uses a 4-slot TDMA channel. Tetra systems use the TETRA Control Channel.
There is not a scanner available today that can monitor Tetra Digital Voice.
- TETRA Facts and Overview
- TETRA MOU Home Page - this is the web site for the TETRA MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) which is the organization responsible for developing and publishing the TETRA Digital Trunked Radio Standard.
- Motorola's TETRA Home Page - lots of information here regarding Motorola's entry into the TETRA market, news, information, and product descriptions.
- ETSI Telecom Standards - TETRA Information and technical documentation on the ETSI Standards Website.
- TETRA Digital Standard Information - Excellent web site run by Nokia which outlines the TETRA standard and its uses for public safety and commercial environments.
- TETRA on Wikipedia
- TETRA Forum Poland - best source of information about TETRA industry in Poland