Travel Reference (VA) A.T. Trail
From The RadioReference Wiki
For the convenience of travelers visiting Virginia, the set of Travel Reference (VA) pages collectively lists the Interstates, US Highways, and national parkways and trails which cross Virginia state borders. The lists include details such as approximate mile marker, county, city, nearest VA STARS antenna site, VSP district, and very brief notes or names of major landmarks. When possible, the county and/or city names are linked to the proper RR Wiki page. For convenience, references are listed below each table and include links when possible.
Other Travel Reference (VA) Pages
Appalachian National Scenic Trail
- The Appalachian Trail (A.T.) starts at Mile 0 on Springer Mountain, Georgia, and ends at Mile 2178 on Katahdin Mountain, Maine.
- The Virginia portion (Mile 460 to Mile 1012) is summarized in the table below with respect to STARS towers coverage.
- For a very detailed Mileage Chart of the A.T. including shelters, attractions, etc., please visit:
SummitPost.org: Appalachian Trail Mileage Chart. (This link leaves the Radio Reference site.)
References: Wikipedia - Appalachian Trail, Wikipedia - Appalachian Trail by State, NPS:Appalachian Trail, ATC:Interactive Map, Appalachian Trail Conservancy - Terrain by State - Virginia, Virginia.org Appalachian Trail, SummitPost: Mileage Chart, NPS: A.T. Map, TrailHeadFinder: A.T., A.T. Distance Calculator, Wikipedia:McAfee Knob, RR Wiki: VA STARS, STARS Google Map
- Virginia.gov: Visit - Offical site for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Virginia.gov: Virginia Roads, 511Virginia Traffic Info, Truck Routes, DMV Crash Locations Map
- Virginia.gov: Historical and Genealogical Societies in Virginia
- Virginia.gov: State Parks
- Virginia Amber Alerts, Virginia Senior Alerts, Virginia Locality Alert Notification Sign-ups
- USGS: National Map
Return to Wiki pages: Virginia (US)
(No matching DB page)