Trunked Radio Decoders
From The RadioReference Wiki
This page contains links and downloads for utilities that can be used to decode the data streams of various trunked systems. With the exception of Pro96Com, these applications require audio from the Discriminator output of your scanner. In addition, except Pro96com and UniTrunker, you must convert the audio from your scanner into serial data by using one of the circuits (or pre made units) shown on the Data Slicers page.
If you have questions about these utilities, please post on the Trunker/Etrunker/T4Win Decoders forum at Radioreference
These decoders support multiple trunked system types:
- UniTrunker - auto-detects and decodes Project 25 9600 baud, Motorola 3600 baud, EDACS, EDACS ESK, and MPT-1327 systems
Project 25 9600baud decoders
- PRO96Com - This utility is designed to work with the Pro-96 and Pro-2096 scanners on Project 25 9600 bps digital systems ONLY
- Trunker - The original DOS based Motorola Control Channel decoder. Provides scanner control and basic talkgroup/id tracking.
- The Yahoo support group for Trunker and its variations can be found here
- MTrunker ported to Win32
- Treport - mainly displays diagnostic information for a Motorola trunking datastream
- Trunk88 - A Trunked Radio Decoder for Motorola Systems. Very similar in operation to trunker, will control most Uniden radios, will accept data slicer or SB16 compatible sound input. Program download is here. Support can be found on the TRUNK88 Yahoo group.
Description: Displays EDACS Diag Information for EDACS systems.
Description: A version of the Etrunker EDACS decoder that supports EDACS System Key (ESK) systems.
Description:The E-Trunker Utility. Decodes and Displays information from the EDACS Trunked Radio Datastream. This version is dated 07/27/2001
Description:Utility for managing EDACS talkgroups in the Etrunker program. Note this is a DOS application, but is compiled to only run under Windows.
Description: Translates decimal IDs to EDACS AFS format. Select from the left frame about 1/2 of the way down
- FTrunk and PTrunk
- Trunk Snort
- TrunkView - Does NOT require a discriminator tap.
- The Yahoo mailing list for this software can be found here
- Tronquito - a Linux based MPT-1327 decoder, and supports trunktracking using Icom radios. Tronquito has also been ported to Win32, and a binary executable is included with the distribution.
- R00t's MPTTRUNKER
Description: Eric Cottrell has graciously compiled LTR, Passport and MultiNet Tracking support into a trunker like interface. This is the latest beta release RC4. Some modifications to the discriminator input are necessary to add additional filtering for using this utility. The schematic for these changes is shown here
Development and Source Code
Description: Holds some C++ source code of a crude port of crucial portions the Motorola Trunker program. This program served as a proof of concept for using a sound card instead of a serial port for input. Persons so inclined may wish to compile this into an executable using Visual Studio 6 or Visual Studio .NET. This example runs in console mode and displays talk group information as it is decoded from the microphone input of the soundcard.
Description: Source code for the Trunker / Etrunker decoding applications. This is the full C++ code for both applications
- Basic Conversions for Radio Scanner Operations
- This page translates EDACS hex, AFS, Uniden, Decimal and Motorola talkgroup IDs
Description: DOS Type I utility to convert hex or decimal values to all Sizecode variations. And now supports converting a hex or decimal number to Uniden AFS.
Description: Conversion utility for DUMP.TRE to TREPORT.OSW [Initiate load with 'O'] "OUT2OSW /6 treport.osw"
Description: This spreadsheet for MS Excel allows you to figure various options for frequency defined systems (VHF/UHF). You can calculate a base frequency for each allowable offset, print out a full range with a given base and offset, convert a channel hex id to an 800 or 900 frequency, and define a configuration for programming a Motorola radio or system.