Trunked Radio Systems
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 13:16, 11 July 2009 by Dougr1252 (add rebanding link)
Please read the Trunking Basics overview first. If you still have questions, feel free to post on the Trunking forum at Radioreference.
There is also an excellent tutorial article on the Uniden site that will help you understand programming your scanner for trunked systems.
- Ben Saladino's Trunktracking Tips
- This site is a bit dated, but still contains some useful basic information
- Multi-Site Trunking
- Articles written by Dan Veeneman, MT Scanning Report columnist
- Rebanding Wiki Article
- GTRAC EDACS info
- Motorola Trunking theory/concepts
- Police Scanner info Trunked Radio Systems page
- The Trunkcom mailing list at QTH.net is another great resource for questions and answers
- WinRadio's Trunking Theory page
- For more technical topics regarding trunktracking, please see our Trunktracking Topics article
Trunked Radio System Types
All forum links go to RadioReference
- M/A-COM, Inc.
- EF Johnson
- Project 25
Here is a link from Monitoring Times magazine that outlines the various trunktracking scanners, and what system(s) they will cover.
Sadly some systems are encrypted - and no scanner will ever copy them. A brief listing of these agencies can be found in the Encrypted Agencies article.