From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 15:49, 9 May 2021 by Ka3jjz
The Uniden Bearcat UBC3500XLT is a Europe marketed scanner from Uniden similar to the BR330T USA version. It can scan conventional analog frequencies only, and features 2500 memory channels organized with Uniden's Dynamic Memory Architecture.
Although trunk tracking is not supported by the scanner itself, the radio is steerable by PC and Trunkview has been shown to work with the UBC3500XLT. This allows it to track MPT1327 trunked systems.
- Accessories: antenna, charger, rechargeable batteries
- Antenna Connector: SMA
- Battery level display
- Group Quick Key range: 0-9
- System Quick Key range: 1-99
- Channels: 1600 typical, 2500 maximum
- Custom Search Ranges: 10
- Groups per system: 20 maximum
- LCD and Keypad Backlight
- PC Programming and Control
- Scan Speed 100 channels per second
- 3 selectable but not definable bandplans
- 1 Service Search; Air with 8.33 or 12.5 steps
- Signal Strength display
- 5, 6.25, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100kHz steps
- Strong signal attenuation
- Systems: 200 maximum
- 16 character text tagging for each system, group, channel, talkgroup, and search range
- 25 - 512 MHz
- 806 - 960 MHz
- 1240 - 1300 MHz
- Power requirements: 3 AA batteries, 6V DC, or (50Hz)800mA AC adapter
- Adjustable (0-5 sec) scan/search delay
- Adjustable Hold (scan duration 0-255 sec) per system, custom or service search
- Battery saver
- Broadcast Screen - ignore hits on 10 custom frequency ranges during Close Call or search operation.
- Channel Alert
- Uniden Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb and Close Call Priority (or Primary)
- Data Skip
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode / Automatic CTCSS identification
- Duplicate Channel Alert
- Fire Tone Out Alert
- Frequency AutoStore - automatically store frequencies from a service or limit search into a conventional system
- Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
- Key Lock
- Priority Scan
- Quick Recall – quickly navigates to a specific Channel by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
- Quick Search
- Repeater Reverse
- Search and Store Operation
- Wired Cloning
Steps and Frequency Resolution
The UBC3500XLT claims in its specifications to be able to deal with 6.25kHz steps although its frequency only gives four decimal places. To my knowledge, it is incapable of tuning exactly to 6.25kHz offset channels as for instance used with PMR446 radios although in practice, this does not affect the listening quality.
UBC3500XLT Scanners for Sale
Return to Uniden Scanners