Uniden DMA FAQ
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 14:13, 5 October 2010 by Ka3jjz
Welcome to the Uniden DMA FAQ; here we'll start from scratch, and take you through some of the most basic of questions, and (in many cases) what things mean and how to find information. A word of explanation; if a word or phrase appears in blue and/or underlined, then it's a link; clicking it should take you to another article in our wiki, another part of our website or perhaps a different website.
DMA Scanner Topics and Terms
- What is Dynamic Memory Architecture?
- What are Systems, Sites and Groups and how do they relate to each other?
- How does Trunking work with these scanners?
- What is Multi Site Trunking?
- What is the Close Call feature
- How do I use the Fire Tone Out feature?
- What does Location Based Scanning do for me? How does it work?
- What key combinations exist for testing various modes?
- How do I Initialize the memory in my scanner?
- I'm getting a Nothing to Scan message. How can I fix this?
- How can I adjust for the distortion/underwater sounds I hear on the digital trunktrackers?
- What adjustments are available in the digital trunktrackers?
- Where can I get more information on the XT series of scanners?
- Go to the Scanner Guides on the Uniden TWiki site
PCs and Software Topics
- Id like to hook up my PC and program/monitor using software. What do I need to consider?
- Are there any freeware programs with better functionality than the UASD?
- I have no serial ports on my PC. How do I connect my PC to the scanner?
- What do I need to do and have to record what I hear?
- See the DMA Scanners and Software article
- Firmware Upgrades
- Where do I get the firmware updates for my scanner? How do I apply them?
- All the firmware updates, with instructions, are now linked on the Uniden wiki manuals article
- Why can't I get my Firmware Upgrade to work?
- I've entered the firmware changes for rebanding. How do I apply the table changes in software?
- Please see the Software Support for Uniden Rebanding article for the correct data to enter in the tables and software examples
The Manuals Are Too Confusing. Anyone have anything that's easier to read?
Uniden did a fine job designing these radios. Too bad one cannot say the same about their manuals. Fortunately, there is another resource - loosely referred to as the 'Easier to Read' series, they have been generally lauded as being much more readable and understandable. As of this writing, the following members are available;
- Non-XT Scanners
- Easier to Read BCD996T/UBC996T Manual
- Easier To Read BCT15 Manual
- Easier to Read BR330T Manual
- Easier To Read BCD396T/UBCD396T Manual
- Easier to Read BC246T Manual
- Easier to Read (U)SC230 Manual
- Easier to Read UBC3500XLT Manual
- XT scanners