Uniden DMA FAQ
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 21:07, 1 June 2023 by Ka3jjz
Welcome to the Uniden DMA FAQ; here we'll start from scratch, and take you through some of the most basic of questions, and (in many cases) what things mean and how to find information. A word of explanation; if a word or phrase appears in blue and/or underlined, then it's a link; clicking it should take you to another article in our wiki, another part of our website or perhaps a different website.
What Models Does This FAQ Cover?
This FAQ covers the Uniden models that utilize 2 tier DMA memory architecture, specifically those shown in the table below. We have additional, separate FAQs for the DMA 3 tier Uniden products, though many things listed below, are directly applicable;
- For the HomePatrol-1 and HomePatrol-2, see the Uniden Home Patrol FAQ
- For the BCDx36HP Series, see the BCD436HP and BCD536HP Scanner FAQ
- For the SDS100 and SDS200, see the SDS100 and SDS200 FAQ Page
The Nuts and Bolts
- If you're a newcomer, you've probably already discovered that there's a huge amount of terms that seem unfamiliar to you. Our Glossary has lots of these terms, along with definitions. Just click on the term you wish to view.
- When looking at frequencies in our database, float your mouse over the column header, and you should get a balloon with a brief description of the terms and abbreviations that are used there.
- The biggest hurdle for many is the concept of trunking. Our Trunking Basics article will get you started, as well as this PDF file written by UPMan. Note that you will need Adobe Acrobat or a compatible reader (such as Foxit) to read it.
- With the exception of the P2 scanners, the others can't be upgraded for any of the newer protocols that are appearing; these include Project 25 Phase II, DMR, MOTOTRBO, EDACS Provoice and NXDN
Connecting via USB
- T and XT Scanners
- P2 Scanners
- The drivers for the P2 scanners for use with their supplied cable can be found here
- Connect your scanner and PC
Dynamic Memory Architecture (DMA)
- What is Dynamic Memory Architecture?
- What are Uniden Scanners Systems, Sites and Groups and how do they relate to each other?
- What are Quick Keys? (PDF)
- Uniden Scanner Comparison
- Understanding Uniden DMA Programming Scanner School podcast
Features and Functions
- For firmware updates and Rebanding please see our Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners article
- Firmware Upgrade (Uniden DMA Scanners)
Nothing to Scan
- I see the Nothing to Scan error message or
- I turned off all my Favorites, Systems, or Groups off. What Should I do to re-enable Quick Keys?
- Please, see our Nothing to Scan article.
Relevant Resource Material