Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 10:53, 3 March 2011 by Ka3jjz (Created page with "Please use this article to document issues, problems and resolutions regarding updating the firmware in the Uniden DMA scanners. In general 2 rules seem to apply; # '''NEVER''' s...")
Please use this article to document issues, problems and resolutions regarding updating the firmware in the Uniden DMA scanners. In general 2 rules seem to apply;
- NEVER skip any steps in the process, regardless of how convoluted it seems
- ALWAYS use the AC adapter (best) or a freshly recharged set of batteries when applying the firmware. Low voltages can corrupt the process.
The database says my system has been rebanded. What do I need to do to trunk this system correctly?
- For scanners older than the BC296 or 796, you will need to get a new one. Uniden did not issue firmware updates for older scanners (BC245, 895, 780, 250, 785). For all others, first insure that your firmware is up to date. See the next question.
Where do I get the firmware updates for my scanner? How do I apply them?
- All the firmware updates, with instructions, are now linked on the Uniden wiki manuals article
Im having a lot of trouble upgrading my firmware
- Please see the Firmware Upgrade article for problems and solutions
Ive entered the firmware changes for rebanding. How do I apply the table changes in software?
- Please see the Software Support for Uniden Rebanding article for the correct data to enter in the tables and software examples
Return to the Uniden DMA FAQ