From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 22:01, 14 November 2009 by Cubn
University of Illinois
U of I Police and Fire
- As of August 24, 2007, U of I PD is using MDICE for all their operations.
They are dispatched by METCAD on talkgroup TG 21501 'PATROL 2' which IS NOT simulcast on 453.900 however. All UHF usage is over. For emergencies or car-car, the units will use TG 21506 PATROL OPS 2 (which is encrypted). Some details will use one of the encrypted INCIDENT talkgroups (INCIDENT 5-8). During sporting events, concerts, and parades, U of I PD use MDICE TG 22503 'INCIDENT 4' while at events.
- PATROL 2 is shared with Urbana PD (300s and 400s), County Sheriff's Department (500s) and Rural PDs (6___#). 100s are U of I patrol officers, 200s are U of I command officers.
- Fire dispatch is provided by Champaign and Urbana Fire Dept's on MDICE with pages simulcast on 154.250 (131.8).
University of Illinois - Athletics
Memorial Stadium (link)
|464.82500||M||411 DPL||UIMS LuxFood||Memorial Stadium: Luxury Suites - Food Service [Ch 13] (still in
|464.37500||M||072 DPL||UIMS LuxMntc||Memorial: Luxury Suites - Maintenance [Ch 12?] (still in use
|451.35000||456.35000||WQRC309||RM||UIMS Ops 1||Memorial Stadium: Operations||DMR||Business|
|451.35000||456.35000||WQRC309||RM||UIMS Ops 2||Memorial Stadium: Operations||DMR||Business|
|452.62500||457.62500||WQRC309||RM||UIMS ENC||Memorial Stadium: (encrypted)||DMR||Business|
|452.22500||457.22500||WQRC309||RM||UIMS AV Techs||Memorial Stadium: AV Techs||DMR||Business|
|452.22500||457.22500||WQRC309||RM||UIMS 6 Shuttles||Memorial Stadium: Shuttles||DMR||Business|
|451.45000||456.45000||WQRC309||RM||UIMS Concessions||Memorial Stadium: Concessions (ch 6)||DMR||Business|
- MDICE TRS TG 22503 "INCIDENT 4" METCAD Police Detail ((PATCHED TO ISP DETAIL A ON GAME DAYS))
- Starcom21 TRS TG 13020 "D10 DETAIL A" Illinois State Police Detail ((PATCHED TO INCIDENT 4 ON GAME DAYS))
- MDICE TRS TG 22502 "INCIDENT 3" Fire/EMS Detail
- MDICE TRS TG 22016 "ARROW OPS" Arrow units at the stadium (10/3/09)
- 158.865 CSQ Illini Emergency Medical Service "talkabout" (Illini EMS carries both VHF and UHF radios)
- Starcom21 TRS TG 30332 "ITTF INCIDENT 1" Illinois State Police Helicopter flying over the stadium
- 155.340 210.7 MERCI (ambulance to hospital)
- 155.340 186.2 MERCI (ambulance to hospital)
- MDICE TRS TG 21006 "911" heard mention of "stadium command" after the game (9/13/08)
For additional information about scanning U of I football games, see this forum thread
-For public safety at Memorial Stadium, CPD, UIPD, and the County Sheriff police agencies use MDICE TRS TG 22503 which is patched to the Starcom21 TG 13020 for the ISP D10 troopers. Fire operations are on MDICE TRS TG 22502. EMS operations are either by Arrow Ambulance on MDICE TRS TG 22016 or Pro Ambulance MDICE TRS TG 22502. Illini EMS uses 451.450 (DCS 131) and occasionally 158.865 (CSQ).
Here are some helpful maps to view while monitoring U of I football games:
Assembly Hall (link):
|463.33750||468.33750||WQMN619||RM||331 DPL||SFC Ops/EMS||Operations / Medical||FMN||Schools|
|462.16250||467.16250||WQMN619||RM||423 DPL||SFC Securty||Security||FMN||Security|
|451.52500||456.52500||WQMN619||RM||125 DPL||SFC Maintenance||Maintenance / Custodial||FMN||Schools|
- As of Fall 2007, U of I PD now exclusively uses the MDICE TRS TG 22503 "INCIDENT 4" for events at the Assembly Hall. They don't use 453.250 at all for Assembly Hall details anymore.
- Note: Some of the Assembly Hall details during the 2007-2008 season have been on INCIDENT 4 and some on INCIDENT 1 with no apparent reason why one was used versus the other.
Illini - Other Sports
Huff Hall (link):
- No radios are used at volleyball games at Huff Hall although Arrow Ambulance or Pro Ambulance have a unit staged outside.
- Illini EMS has been observed at the games. They would be using 451.450 DCS131.
- New for 2008, one staff member has been observed carrying a Motoroloa XTS radio with display which is believed to be on MDICE TG 22900 "UIUTIL 1". The radio has never been used however.
- Big Ten Network was heard briefly using 462.1375 DCS244 during a game they covered (10/22/08).
Illinois Soccer and Track Stadium (link):
- 453.600 (85.4) was heard briefly and appeared to be related to the soccer game (notifying when to turn off the PA music) (10/31/08).
- If WDWS is carrying the game, listen for them on 161.670 (10/5/08).
- Big Ten Network was heard briefly using 462.1375 DCS244 during a game they covered (10/31/08).
Eichelberger Field (link):
- No radios observed in use at the softball game. ILEMS might have been at the game as well as PRO ambulance was there. The Big Ten Network used radios however and those frequencies are listed here.(4/16/08)
Illinois Field (link):
- No radios observed in use at the baseball game. (4/22/08)
Ice Arena (link):
- 453.600 (114.8) Ice Arena repeater
- 451.450 (DCS131) Illini EMS repeater
- 450.925 (CSQ) WPGU 107.1 FM remote broadcast
- 169.100 (CSQ) WPGU 107.1 FM wireless mic
- UIPD has a unit on scene and I believe they monitor PATROL 2 on MDICE TRS
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
Traditionally Krannert had used a variety of tones on 452.850 and 457.850 both simplex as follows:
|463.38750||468.38750||WQKZ473||RM||KCPA 4633875||Krannert Center for the Performing Arts||DMR||Schools|
|464.91250||469.91250||WQKZ473||RM||KCPA 4649125||Krannert Center for the Performing Arts||DMR||Schools|
|452.11250||WQKZ473||M||KCPA 4521125||Krannert Center for the Performing Arts||DMR||Schools|
|452.08750||WQKZ473||M||KCPA 4520875||Krannert Center for the Performing Arts||DMR||Schools|
Krannert appears to be migrating toward MotoTRBO. XPR radios were observed 11/12/09 and noticeably less activity is taking place on the frequencies listed above. They have a new license: WQKZ473
- Since 11/12/09, only 457.850 (146.2) has been confirmed to be still used and 452.850 (127.3), a new find, was logged in autosearch mode. Both 452.850 and 457.850 sometimes have an unidentified data/static sound on them in simplex mode but is not MotoTRBO.
When Illini EMS is needed, they will be using the 451.450 DCS131 repeater.
Facilities and Services
Buildings and Maintenance
|453.75000||458.75000||WNKT448||RM||UIUC Parking||Parking Services||DMR||Schools|
|453.36250||WPUF853||B||UI GPS Data||GPS Data (CSQ)||Telm||Data|
|462.82500||KZQ889||B||CSQ||UI Paging||Paging (Physcology Building)||FMN||Data|
|456.58750||WQGD238||M||051 DPL||UI Alumni Assn||Alumni Assocation Ops||FMN||Schools|
|459.08750||M||141.3 PL||I Hotel Conf Ctr||I Hotel - Conference Center||FMN||Schools|
|465.60000||WNLI696||M||CSQ||IFireSI Ops3||Illinois Fire Service Institute||FMN||Schools|
|465.52500||WNLI696||M||031 DPL||IFireSI Ops2||Illinois Fire Service Institute||FMN||Schools|
|460.52500||WNLI696||M||023 DPL||IFireSI Ops1||Illinois Fire Service Institute||FMN||Schools|
|461.81250||466.81250||WQOC881||RM||145 DPL||UI Beckman||Beckman Institute||FMN||Schools|
|452.05000||457.05000||WPYT628||RM||225.7 PL||NewmanFndtn||Newman Foundation - Student Housing||FMN||Schools|
|453.60000||458.60000||KIA514||RM||UI DMR 7001||IT / Maintenance||DMR||Schools|
|453.65000||458.65000||KIA514||RM||UI DMR B 6000||Operations||DMR||Schools|
|453.32500||458.32500||KIA514||RM||UI DMR 5600||BSW Foreman/Morrel Hall: Security||DMR||Schools|
|453.45000||458.45000||KIA514||RM||UI DMR A 6000||Ops (zone 1, 2, tunnel)||DMR||Schools|
|461.83750||466.83750||WQTZ312||RM||Ilini Union A||Illini Union||DMR||Schools|
|464.20000||469.20000||WQUW455||RM||UI ARC Pool||Activities/Recreation - Pool Ops||DMR||Schools|
|464.88750||469.88750||WQTZ312||RM||Ilini Union B||Illini Union: Data||DMR||Schools|
|464.20000||469.20000||WQUW455||RM||UI Rec267705||Activities/Recreation - Member Services||DMR||Schools|
|462.01250||467.01250||WQTZ312||RM||Illini Union C||Illini Union||DMR||Schools|
|464.20000||469.20000||WQUW455||RM||UI AR Ops 8||Activities/Recreation - Ops||DMR||Schools|
|463.76250||468.76250||WQUW455||RM||UI AR 267701||Activities/Recreation||DMR||Schools|
|453.65000||458.65000||KIA514||RM||UI DMR B 5000||Operations||DMR||Schools|
|463.76250||468.76250||WQUW455||RM||UI TG267705||Activities/Recreation [SL 1/2]||DMR||Schools|
|463.76250||468.76250||WQUW455||RM||UI Rec 267706||Activities/Recreation - Ops||DMR||Schools|
|453.60000||458.60000||KIA514||RM||UI DMR C 6000||Parking Services||DMR||Schools|
|461.60000||466.60000||WQUW455||RM||186.2 PL||UI Act/Rec||Activities/Recreation||FMN||Schools|
|453.75000||458.75000||WNKT448||RM||UI DMR D 5000||Operations||DMR||Schools|