From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 17:27, 10 October 2007 by Mikeag
You can use the Microsoft Excel Paste Special feature for building data to paste into Windows based Scanner Software such as ARC250. Open Office and other spread sheets may also have this type of operation. This first section is for setting up ARC250D software - other ARC programs may work similar.
- Highlight and copy freqs from database page
- Click ARC Auto Data Import (ADI)Icon.
- Click Import from Clipboard which will populate left window.
- Click All which sends freqs to right window. Note: One can edit out all but Controls for Motorola 800/900 systems at this point.
- Click Export to Table to send frequency list to open software bank frequency list.
- Type in the data on line 1 of selected bank then click in Tag and drag across and down through last freq line then right click and select Fill Down. Bank trunking frequency settings are complete. The following steps are for talkgroup ID's and tags.
- Select and highlight a section of Talkgroups from same data page, right click and select Copy.
- Right click in cell A1 and select Paste Special. In new popup dialog, select Text. Delete unneeded columns in the spreadsheet
- Select All (highlight all), right click and select copy.
- In open Trunk ID list, right click in the scan list location you wish to store this group and select paste.
This completes this bank for trunking. The bank tags and scanlist tags will need to be set within the software sections for that purpose.
Select freqs from web page Screenshot
ARC ADI Screenshot
Move freqs to right window Screenshot
Highlight and copy talkgroup Screenshot
Use Paste Special and Text in new spreadsheet Screenshot
Delete unneeded columns Screenshot