Amateur Radio Transceiver Control
These apps allow you to log and control your transceiver, and in some cases, receivers via your PC. Amateur applies here to the radio service, not the programs; these apps are often quite professionally developed.
As newer PCs don't have serial ports, connections must be made between the radio and the PC through USB. This can present some difficulties in understanding how to configure the connection correctly. Please see the Connecting scanners via USB article and the Understanding Soundcard Interfacing website for more information.
- CBT, Inc- Commercial programming software for Alinco radios.
- Commander Commander is a free application that controls up to 4 Icom, TenTec, Kenwood, Yaesu, Elecraft, FlexRadio, Alinco, or Kachina transceivers, switching between them manually or automatically based on frequency, and displaying frequency-dependent settings for devices like tuners and amplifiers; includes a bandspread and transverter support. Commander is a member of the freeware DXLab Suite, which supports soundcard PSK31, soundcard PSK63, soundcard and/or TNC RTTY, CW generation, logging, award tracking, QSL generation, LotW and eQSL.cc synchronization, QSL route discovery, antenna rotation, world map display, DX and WWV spot collection, and propagation forecasting.
- DX Buddy Multi Platform support - Windows, Linux and OSX
- G4HFQ's closed-source, commercial software for the MS-Windows platform that controls a variety of Yaesu radios. Demo available.
- FTBCat - Rig Control for the Yaesu FT-100/D, FT-817/ND, FT-847, FT-857/D, FT-897/D, FT-920, FT-1000MP Mark V transceivers and VR-5000 and FRG-100 receivers. Comments on EHam about FTBasic.
- FTBasicMMO - A memory management only program for Yaesu FT-817, FT-817ND, FT-847, FT-857, FT-857D, FT-897 and FT-897D transceivers.
- Comments on EHam about FTBasicMMO can be found here
- FTBasic Yahoo Group
- Ham Radio Deluxe - Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) is a suite of free Windows programs providing CAT control for commonly used transceivers and receivers. HRD also includes mapping and PSK31 software. Supports most Icom, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, Yaesu, and Elecraft Receivers and Transcievers. Great for both Ham operators and SWL listeners.
- KC8UNJ- Free programming software for many Yaesu handhelds, including the VX-2, VX-5, VX-6, VX-7, VR-120, FT-60 as well as the Icom R-2.
- RT Systems- Commercial programming software for Yaesu and Icom radios.
- Comments on EHam about RT Systems products can be found here
- SysLabs RadioControl A modular 32-bit Windows user interface compliant application for controlling multiple radio receivers and amateur radio transceivers simultaneously. Beside direct control, it also features frequency and memory management and various scan options. The functionality can be extended by plug-ins (external modules). The software is available in 3 different editions (Lite, Standard and Professional).
- TRX Manager Supports the Yaesu/Vertex VR-5000, Icom R-75, R-7000, R-7100, R-8500 and numerous ham transceivers by Kenwood, Yaesu, Icom and TenTec
Other Download Areas